2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

9 minutes ago, Utley said:

How does that make any sense?

by making it seem like he is in demand and a signing is imminent so that other teams will think they have to make their offer more quickly so they dont miss out.

its a game

like your premise suggests

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

If LA really goes after Melo and J.R. Pelinka should be banned from the NBA for sabotage.

Why would J.R. be all that bad? Especially if he comes cheap?

They need A) Bodies to fill out the roster to complete in the regular season and B) Shooters around LeBron/AD. J.R., even diminished, is both of those things

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Why would J.R. be all that bad? Especially if he comes cheap?

They need A) Bodies to fill out the roster to complete in the regular season and B) Shooters around LeBron/AD. J.R., even diminished, is both of those things

Because he sucks, he's dumb and a liability on both ends of the court. Hitting an occasional three doesn't make up for his net negative impact. Let me clarify: if he's added as a 12th man that's fine. But if he's playing 20 mpg/game then Pelinka needs to go. Melo is not acceptable period.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

by making it seem like he is in demand and a signing is imminent so that other teams will think they have to make their offer more quickly so they dont miss out.

its a game

like your premise suggests

Teams aren't going to make him a max offer just because another team did. Other teams already knew somebody was going to offer him a max. Kyrie basically saying he wants the Nets and leaking that information doesn't put pressure on other teams.

The game is about putting pressure on the Nets because fans will want a big-name addition.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Utley said:

The game is about putting pressure on the Nets because fans will want a big-name addition.

Not saying I disagree with this. But people can play more than one game at a time. There are multiple angles behind "leaked" information. With a guy as neurotic as Kyrie, it might be that he or his agency isn't satisfied with the market they're drawing thus hoping by leaking this news that they can get a team or two that is already interested to commit. It's like testing the waters to see how serious the other offers are. Because from Kyrie's camp, what if the Nets don't pursue him as hard which has been rumored at the very least already if not actually reported on.

I don't think you understood me. I'm not saying stating the obvious like this:

19 minutes ago, Utley said:

Teams aren't going to make him a max offer just because another team did. Other teams already knew somebody was going to offer him a max. Kyrie basically saying he wants the Nets and leaking that information doesn't put pressure on other teams.

I was merely jumping on your premise and extending it to consider the possibility that there is a greater endgame than just with the Nets.

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

You think Lebron wants to play with him again or nah?

Yea, I do actually. Especially if he is cheap. 

I agree that he shouldnt be the #4 or 5 or even 6 option on that Lakers team, But as a Shooter off the bench, to be a gunner with the 2nd team I think they would be really smart to grab him.

He is one of those guys who still has legs and can soak up minutes during the regular season. Then come real playoff time, he is like your 7th/8th man, who has good playoff experience with LeBron (other than one Meme HOF gaff) who can give you 10-12min and some buckets. Honestly I still think J.R. has it in him to go off and win you a playoff game. They need a few of those guys on this roster.

I think J.R. and Korver are the shooters off the bench for this Lakers team.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Not saying I disagree with this. But people can play more than one game at a time. There are multiple angles behind "leaked" information. With a guy as neurotic as Kyrie, it might be that he or his agency isn't satisfied with the market they're drawing thus hoping by leaking this news that they can get a team or two that is already interested to commit. It's like testing the waters to see how serious the other offers are. Because from Kyrie's camp, what if the Nets don't pursue him as hard which has been rumored at the very least already if not actually reported on.

I don't think you understood me. I'm not saying stating the obvious like this:

I was merely jumping on your premise and extending it to consider the possibility that there is a greater endgame than just with the Nets.

But any other endgame doesn't make sense.