2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

13 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, I do actually. Especially if he is cheap. 

I agree that he shouldnt be the #4 or 5 or even 6 option on that Lakers team, But as a Shooter off the bench, to be a gunner with the 2nd team I think they would be really smart to grab him.

He is one of those guys who still has legs and can soak up minutes during the regular season. Then come real playoff time, he is like your 7th/8th man, who has good playoff experience with LeBron (other than one Meme HOF gaff) who can give you 10-12min and some buckets. Honestly I still think J.R. has it in him to go off and win you a playoff game. They need a few of those guys on this roster.

I think J.R. and Korver are the shooters off the bench for this Lakers team.

Naw. It's not 2016 anymore.

Dude has twice as many 0 point games (4) as he does 20 point games (2) in his last 40 postseason games. He's scored 5 points or less 14 of those games despite almost always playing starter minutes. He's also not someone who brings value anywhere else on the court either. He's not a playmaker. He can't defend anymore. He's not a high IQ player. Plus, it's basically been a year since he's played at all. He should barely ever see the court in the postseason.

51 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Because he sucks, he's dumb and a liability on both ends of the court. Hitting an occasional three doesn't make up for his net negative impact. Let me clarify: if he's added as a 12th man that's fine. But if he's playing 20 mpg/game then Pelinka needs to go. Melo is not acceptable period.

I don't know if anyone can actually argue these points.. but they will of course.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't know if anyone can actually argue these points.. but they will of course.

To clarify even further the G-league and over seas are full of players who would be solid additions on the bench if ever they were given a chance. Certainly would be better and far more hungrier than JR. It's really amazes me that some of these players don't get a better look.

Edited by resilient part 2

40 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if the rockets trade Gordon, capela AND tucker just to get butler then they were even more stupid than i thought.  i want to start the rebuild honestly.

Whew, the Rockets are one busy team during offseasons. 

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:

Can the suns still afford to get Dlo after this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1143954302962212865?s=21

we only have ~14 million in cap. we could stretch Tyler to make room, I think it adds 13 million to our cap. Or trade Tyler, who is on the books for 19 million. Trading Josh and Okobo gives us another 8. Releasing Oubre gives us another 10. 

So we don't have the cap rn but we could make it DLo wanted to come. 

Edited by 11sanchez11