2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

People have also said that there may be some "surprise team" that makes an offer for AD. so you never know.

That's my biggest concern.  I don't see Danny Ainge ponying up those assets unless they get Kyrie to commit.  Kyrie isn't going to commit unless they have Anthony Davis IMO.

19 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

seriously, this is the last thread that should be bumped 2 page 2. Some much rumblings starting already.

LIKE the one that claiming NO way AD gets traded to LAL thanks to the "lady owner" A "woman scorned" 

Go ahead and believe everything the media is saying. Griff is running the show. There is no way he joined the organization without assurances that he would be able to seek out the best possible package for AD.

7 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Go ahead and believe everything the media is saying. Griff is running the show. There is no way he joined the organization without assurances that he would be able to seek out the best possible package for AD.

I do not believe EVERYTHING the media is saying, that would be foolish. But the facts do exist that Tatum is the best of any player available and that Boston can offer the best package. And I do believe Griff takes the job to do what's best for the Pels with the only caveat being "screw LA" 

Edited by resilient part 2

49 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

The Knicks and Celtics have much better packages for AD. Heck, Denver and Portland could make better offers than LA.

The LA package is CRAP and for the Pelicans fans I really hope they don't end up taking it. In a trade for a guy like AD you shoot for the guy with the biggest upside. Brandon Ingram is the only guy with upside in the Lakers deal and I think his upside is like...a decent #3 guy on a great squad.

21 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Knicks and Celtics have much better packages for AD. Heck, Denver and Portland could make better offers than LA.

The LA package is CRAP and for the Pelicans fans I really hope they don't end up taking it. In a trade for a guy like AD you shoot for the guy with the biggest upside. Brandon Ingram is the only guy with upside in the Lakers deal and I think his upside is like...a decent #3 guy on a great squad.

Oh, I don't like the Lakers deal either. I think all of the players are overrated, but I also think it's silly to disregard their offer entirely.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I do not believe EVERYTHING the media is saying, that would be foolish. But the facts do exist that Tatum is the best of any player available and that Boston can offer the best package. And I do believe Griff takes the job to do what's best for the Pels with the only caveat being "screw LA" 

Disagree completely. I'd argue RJ Barrett is a better asset than Tatum and NY's secondary pieces are more appealing. 

This is coming from the guy that was, by far, Tatum's biggest supporter during the draft process. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Disagree completely. I'd argue RJ Barrett is a better asset than Tatum and NY's secondary pieces are more appealing. 

This is coming from the guy that was, by far, Tatum's biggest supporter during the draft process. 

I doubt you were a bigger supporter than Bo or whatever his name was then.

Tatum is not some once in a generation talent that is guaranteed future superstardom, so I don't know why Boston fans act like he's some trump card. You don't regress/stagnate in year 2 and still have some ridiculously high trade value.