2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I doubt you were a bigger supporter than Bo or whatever his name was then.

Tatum is not some once in a generation talent that is guaranteed future superstardom, so I don't know why Boston fans act like he's some trump card. You don't regress/stagnate in year 2 and still have some ridiculously high trade value.

He’s not generational at all. No one has said that. He’s the best singular piece being offered though, also if you look at context it’s pretty easy to see why Tatum “regressed”.

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He’s not generational at all. No one has said that. He’s the best singular piece being offered though, also if you look at context it’s pretty easy to see why Tatum “regressed”.

If he's being offered.

And it depends on the GM. Some GMs might prefer Barrett, we just don't know which one Griffin prefers.

Detroit! How about Michael Conley, Jr. for #15, 2022 2nd Round Pick, Reggie Jackson, and Jon Leur?

Charlotte! How about Jonas Valanciunas for #36, 2022 2nd Round Pick, and Bismack Biyombo?

New Orleans! How about Avery Bradley for #39, 2022 2nd Round Pick, and Solomon Hill?

I feel like these are fair trades.

Memphis walks away from the draft with:

Ja Morant, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Daniel Gafford, and Dylan Windler. Also get some extra picks for the double draft in 2022.

Edited by seminoles1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Tatum is not some once in a generation talent that is guaranteed future superstardom, so I don't know why Boston fans act like he's some trump card. You don't regress/stagnate in year 2 and still have some ridiculously high trade value.

Ask @Utley homie. I stanned hard for Tatum. 

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:
5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

To Phoenix fans or whomever. If LAL offered Lonzo for the 6th pick, do you take that or hold and take Garland??

Lonzo but LA would need to add value.

LA needs to just not even think about doing something that stupid.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Jesus Christ nobody said Tatum is a once-in-a-lifetime superstar or whatever, he is just the best player of any available and to me that's not even a debate. Tatum certainly has star potential and potential to be a top-10 player. At least at a higher rate than anyone else being offered if you guys argue that there is really nothing else I can say

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I just read this post and it looks like you beat me to it. Funny how people are claiming that we are claiming is a generational Talent. There's a big difference between being a generational Talent or just the best player available. These guys need something to fight on set up agreeing with what I think is the obvious

I hope Mavs can pull off a sign and trade for somebody. 

Tim Hardaway Jr. = $18.15 M
Courtney Lee = $12.76 M (expiring)
Dwight Powell = $10.26 M (expiring)
Justin Jackson = $3.28 M (team option for 2020-21)
TOTAL = $44.45 Million

If the team dangles Brunson, Broekhoff, and Spalding in trade talks, then that's around $48 million right there.

I'd be interested in trading many of those guys for the likes of Kemba Walker. That way the team can preserve its cap space for other big free agents like Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Vucevic, Cousins (meh), and co.. 

I'd actually be interested in dangling all of that for Kemba and Batum if the Hornets require that. Brunson is really the only tough piece to let go of, but even then, Kemba >>> Brunson. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I actually think Dallas should go after Cousins. Same contract that Millsap got from Denver.

I just have issues with his injury history, turnovers, fouls, attitude, and perhaps his weight/conditioning.

Gonna have to live with some of those, but maybe he can convince me I'm wrong about a few of the others.