2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Utley said:

You know Embiid was a +89 in the Raptors series and a +53 in the Nets series, right? And, on average, the Sixers were +20.5 with him on the court in the playoffs and -21.1 with him off the court. 

he might've not known that but bet your *** i had this info already on ice waiting to drop it on someone too 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

does it? then Tim Duncan was never a super star??

There's a difference between elite player and "superstar", at least to me.

A "superstar" needs to be an elite player (so players known for stupid **** off the court like Lamar Odom/Kris Humphries marrying a Kardashian don't count), but an elite player doesn't need to be a superstar (it's essentially their choice for how relevant they want to be). I'd expect everyone in the country to know who LeBron James is, regardless of if they even own a computer. Other players I'd think of for this would be Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, etc. Tim Duncan? Maybe, but I doubt it.

To me, a "superstar" needs to have a cultural imprint outside of simply being an elite basketball player.

10 hours ago, Utley said:

They lost because he couldn't play 48 minutes. Again, they were 89 points better than Toronto over the course of seven games when Embiid was on the court. They outscored the Raptors in six of the seven games when he was on the court. How on earth is it his fault the Sixers lost?

He was extremely inefficient and his offensive production took a nosedive. It has happened the past two seasons in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

They'll contend for a low seed most of the year IMO

Probably. It'd leave them without a bench, and they're hard capped this year, but I should have clarified my position. I meant that they'd be contenders in 2020-21.

Go figure, I write that in a group chat but forget to write it here.

Ideally the Mavs swing a trade where they get Dragic instead of CP3 though. That way they have Dragic, Luka, KP, and Steven Adams, with a few guys off the bench that might be decent, and maybe some cap space (again, hard capped) to sign some bench players. 

Then hopefully re-sign Dragic to a more reasonable deal in the summer and use the MLE on either a vet that can contribute, or a few reclamation projects since Carlisle loves those so much. See Brandan Wright, Brandon Bass, and to some extent, OJ Mayo.

Still pretty upset that the Mavs didn't make a play for a low-post bruiser like Julius Randle or Jonas Valanciunas. I know that they don't fit Carlisle's system, but I think that's the issue right there. Carlisle needs to tweak the system to suit the talent that they have, and not just target players, like stretch 4s and rim rolling 5s, as UDFAs (Kleber) and trade throw-ins (Powell). Heck, not even as guys that get bought out and waived (David Lee and Amar'e).

14 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

he might've not known that but bet your *** i had this info already on ice waiting to drop it on someone too 

Cherry-picking a terrible stat. The man got locked up by Marc Gasol this year and Al Horford the previous year.