2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, saintsfan said:

In terms of what Griffin was asking for it, it has everything he wanted. Lavine was a borderline allstar last year, they get two young potential guys in Hart + Kuzma, 2 FRPs, and cap relief by shedding Hill

Lavine wasn’t a borderline all star and Kuzma and Hart have meh trade value.

Thats an absolutely horrific return. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lavine wasn’t a borderline all star and Kuzma and Hart have meh trade value.

Thats an absolutely horrific return. 

You're so dramatic lmao. It's not horrific. Is it the best deal they can get? No. Let me give you an example of an "absolutely horrific return"

Alex Caruso
Josh Hart
Javale McGee
2019 2nd round pick
2021 protected 1st

That would be a horrific return.

Just now, saintsfan said:

You're so dramatic lmao. It's not horrific. Is it the best deal they can get? No. Let me give you an example of an "absolutely horrific return"

AD is a top 10 player and you're getting back a meh role player, volume scorer, and a solid but not great player in Lavine. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

AD is a top 10 player and you're getting back a meh role player, volume scorer, and a solid but not great player in Lavine. 

Kawhi is a top 3 player and got Derozan. Dwight was a top 15 player and got Andrew Bynum. Pau Gasol was a top 20 player and got Kwame freaking Brown. Shaq was a top 10 player and got Caron Butler and Lamar Odom. It's not about what he's worth, its all about the most value they can realistically get. I personally wouldn't do that trade if I were the Pelicans because of Lavine's large contract, but if they want to demand an established all-star level player then they have to be reasonable

1 minute ago, saintsfan said:

Kawhi is a top 3 player and got Derozan. Dwight was a top 15 player and got Andrew Bynum. Pau Gasol was a top 20 player and got Kwame freaking Brown. Shaq was a top 10 player and got Caron Butler and Lamar Odom. It's not about what he's worth, its all about the most value they can realistically get. I personally wouldn't do that trade if I were the Pelicans because of Lavine's large contract, but if they want to demand an established all-star level player then they have to be reasonable

Different situations though, you can't really compare. 

So Kerr said there is a chance Boogie returns next year though he hopes he gets a better deal elsewhere. But honestly, he's not going to get great offers elsewhere, not after his quad injury on top of the Achilles. Would make a lot of sense for him to return on a one year deal where he can show teams he is fully healed and will get plenty of touches being the second option on the team. 

19 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

Super comparable situations honestly.

Also Pau Gasol got traded for Brown, Marc Gasol, and two future firsts. Go off though.

Edited by MookieMonstah

20 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

Alex Caruso
Josh Hart
Javale McGee
2019 2nd round pick
2021 protected 1st

That would be a horrific return.

I’m not dramatic. Lavine is a decent player, Kuzma and Ball are okay role players. That’s a terrible deal. Lavine is also super overpaid. I didn’t even realize he made almost 20M a year

5 hours ago, amac said:

I’m still wondering if the AD hangup is over Tatum or if it’s the Memphis pick/Jaylen Brown. Celtics camp has kept it pretty quiet.

If the offers are Tatum + Memphis pick vs Ingram, Ball, #4 (and I’m presuming they will throw in Kuz if they have to) that’s an interesting debate, as I see more bust potential in the Lakers assets than in Tatum but they obviously have quantity advantage, and the gap between Tatum and Ingram for me isn’t gigantic

What makes anyone think that Boston has/will offer Tatum?  Just because Ainge told Demps he was willing to discuss anyone in the offseason doesn't mean he was actually going to offer up Jayson Tatum.  Why would the C's offer up arguably a top-10 asset for a guy whose threatening to walk in the offseason?  You can have all the confidence in the world that he's not going to walk as a FA next offseason, but the reality is that is poor asset management.  The hangup isn't over Jaylen Brown or the Memphis' pick.  It's over Jayson Tatum.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

So LA keeps Brandon Ingram? Interesting.

If New Orleans is scared off by the medicals of Ingram, this isn't inconceivable.  Don't believe it, but then again that's because I think the Pelicans rank the Lakers' assets in order of preference as Ingram, Ball, #4, and then Kuzma.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The biggest issue that I have with that potential deal is that Chicago would be giving up Zach Lavine/#7 for Lonzo Ball/#4, seems like a pretty freaking terrible return tbh. 

As good as LaVine has been when he's healthy, he hasn't managed to stay healthy.  124 out of a possible 246 amounts to just over half the possible games available.  And he's due another $58.5M over the next 3 years.  That's not chump change.  We've seem enough discussions of Lonzo for the 7th pick, and both sides seem lukewarm to the deal which probably means it's fair.  So it's essentially 4 for LaVine, which isn't awful IMO.  Chicago's part of the deal seems fair enough.

39 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That’s an absolutely awful deal for New Orleans. 

Not sure why anyone thinks that New Orleans is gonna get some sweetheart of a deal.  The last 3 stars (Kyrie Irving, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard) fetched significantly less than fair value.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure why anyone thinks that New Orleans is gonna get some sweetheart of a deal.  The last 3 stars (Kyrie Irving, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard) fetched significantly less than fair value.

Completely different situations. Kyrie deal wasn’t bad at all at the time. No one knew IT would completely fall apart. George isn’t even close to the player AD is and Kawhi had all his issues.

Thats a bad deal for New Orleans. They don’t get the two best assets LA has lol

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Completely different situations. Kyrie deal wasn’t bad at all at the time. No one knew IT would completely fall apart. George isn’t even close to the player AD is and Kawhi had all his issues.

Thats a bad deal for New Orleans. They don’t get the two best assets LA has lol

Everyone and their dog knew that Isaiah Thomas was damaged goods.  That's exactly why the C's had to send an additional pick to the Cavaliers as part of the Kyrie/IT trade.  You don't do that if you didn't have any concerns about IT's hips long-term.  Maybe, just maybe the Pelicans view the Lakers' assets in a different light than you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Everyone and their dog knew that Isaiah Thomas was damaged goods.  That's exactly why the C's had to send an additional pick to the Cavaliers as part of the Kyrie/IT trade.  You don't do that if you didn't have any concerns about IT's hips long-term.  Maybe, just maybe the Pelicans view the Lakers' assets in a different light than you.

Griffin has gone on record saying how much he likes Ingram. You’re delusional if you think that deal is happening. The best pieces in the deal end up in Chicago for Christ sake.