2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

That whole deal is bad for everyone but LA. Shocking.

Same thing with Wiggins...I'm still a LaVine believer haha (though would MUCH rather have LaVine), so I have a better opinion of the haul for New Orleans.

• Like 1

Question about salary cap. I recently learned that the league is not hard capped. So hypothetically, there is nothing in the rules that would prevent some big time owner from signing 5 guys to max contracts, it's just that such an owner would have an astronomical, and growing, tax bill?

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Question about salary cap. I recently learned that the league is not hard capped. So hypothetically, there is nothing in the rules that would prevent some big time owner from signing 5 guys to max contracts, it's just that such an owner would have an astronomical, and growing, tax bill?

As long as you have their bird rights? Then yes I believe. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Technically yes, but they'd almost all have to be drafted by that team. They wouldn't be able to sign 5 max free agents.

The repeater tax penalty for that many max contracts would cost that owner well over $1.5 billion.

The only way this is possible is if you have 3 super talented young players on rookie contracts, clear everyone else and sign 2 max guys in free agency, then extend those rookies with max contracts.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, StLunatic88 said:

#4 + #6 (From PHX for Ball) + B. Ingram + J. Hart gets the deal done for Davis

Feel pretty good about this call now haha. Still think Griffin trades away Ball and they roll with Jrue as their point man

Going to be interesting if the Knicks whiff this offseason. No AD, Durant stays with GS, Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and Kemba resigns in Charlotte. Don’t think Leonard would go there, maybe Butler or Harris goes there? Haven’t they been circling this off-season for a couple of years? 

5 hours ago, Dingo18287 said:

Going to be interesting if the Knicks whiff this offseason. No AD, Durant stays with GS, Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and Kemba resigns in Charlotte. Don’t think Leonard would go there, maybe Butler or Harris goes there? Haven’t they been circling this off-season for a couple of years? 

The next took a big gamble if they lose while are they going to be in bad shape

6 hours ago, Dingo18287 said:

I predict a Vucveic signing for the Knicks. Randle makes sense there too but if they get Vu then it wont make sense to spend money on him. Toby is from NY and was teammates with Vu before so there could be a reunion there.

59 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Nets better get someone better than Randle to go with Kyrie tbh.

Just roll with the Kyrie and D Lo back court Idgf. 

Is there even a point of having Kyrie, DLo, Levert, Dinwiddie, and Harris? Besides as a trade asset. Seems like it would be diminishing returns where one or two would hardly be giving you anything. 

So Kyrie and Jimmy are tight but that’s a big risk considering those guys egos.  Atkinson has the makings of a great coach but that was with a team of kids mostly.  If those guys are controllable they’re definitely a threat in the east right away though.