2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure if you're not able to read, or choosing not to read.  I'm not arguing that the Pelicans have motivation to get a deal done ASAP.  I'm saying that this issue has already been hashed out with Griffin and Pelinka.  You think it's any coincidence that NONE of the reputable reporters can nail down when the deal will be completed?

Woj literally said the expectation is that its done by July 6th. No need to attack the poster CWood, maybe take a break from posting?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First off, Lakers physically can't deal any more future picks unless they amend the previous reportedly deal.  You can only deal picks 7 years into the future, and as long as the Lakers have the 2025 pick tied up they can't deal a FRP until 2027, so unless they make it the 2024 pick for sure and then the 2026 as well.  Secondly, the Pelicans don't have any real strong motivation to preserve cap space.  They'd like that cap space, but they're not going to nuke a deal over an extra $4M in cap space.

Kuzma will work just fine. And I just told you why the Pels want to wait. The Pels aren’t gonna help the Lakers form a freakin super team.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

If they've discussed it, why does their seem to be so much confusion and conflicting reports?

Because neither side is leaking it.  IF the deal was being completed as soon as the league opened, we would have heard definitively by now.  Instead, we've got Woj's feelings on when it will be completed.  There's something we're not privy to.  I speculated as to what it could e.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Woj literally said the expectation is that its done by July 6th. No need to attack the poster CWood, maybe take a break from posting?

It's "expected".  That means his opinion.  Not that it will be.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Damn.  That's just awful.  Please don't take that pick from us.

I mean, I'm just saying. They can add picks. They can also make the 2024 unprotected AND give the right to swap in 2025. Plenty of things the Pelicans can demand but go off sis.

Just now, Breesus mode said:

Kuzma will work just fine. And I just told you why the Pels want to wait. The Pels aren’t gonna help the Lakers form a freakin super team.

Neither side of this deal is going to nuke it.  The Lakers need Anthony Davis.  The Pelicans aren't going to get as good a deal from anyone as they are from the Lakers.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Neither side of this deal is going to nuke it.  The Lakers need Anthony Davis.  The Pelicans aren't going to get as good a deal from anyone as they are from the Lakers.

Yes, we know, because the deal is happening on the 6th. Thanks for joining us.

2 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

He keeps ignoring this factor. Griffin will do everything in his power to keep LA from signing a 3rd star because that all but guarantees those future picks are worthless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The trade deal isn’t gonna fall apart if the Pels don’t wait. 

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They don't really have any reason to hold up a deal, and say the deal has to be done on the 6th.  If a team is trading up with the Pelicans for the 4th pick, they're trading up for the player and they're not going to keep a deal from going through simply because they want that player to play in the Summer League.  They're trading for the player, not the right to play that rookie in the Summer League.

Its not gonna hold up the deal. That's the point. There isn't a threat to make it happen not on the 6th. 

You really think a team is gonna hold the 4th pick out of SL so the Lakers can have max cap space? C'mon now. 

Can you imagine the presser:

"The fans really wanted to see Culver play in SL, why didn't he play?"

"Well we thought it would be a good idea to help the Lakers build a championship team."

Sure.