2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's a clown because he's the FIRST agent who has gotten his star player to their preferred destination in the last few years.  Yep, that sounds like a clown.  Never change Mookie.

Chris Paul got to Houston. NEXT! I wonder why, after 6 months of being with Klutch, AD was oh so insistent on getting LA.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

That no mans land actually made the playoffs.

Tie: Neither Lakers nor OKC won a playoff series last season. 

Tie: Neither Lakers nor OKC won a playoff series two seasons ago. 

Tie: Neither Lakers nor OKC won a playoff series three seasons ago. 

8 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Tie: Neither Lakers nor OKC won a playoff series last season. 

Tie: Neither Lakers nor OKC won a playoff series two seasons ago. 

Tie: Neither Lakers nor OKC won a playoff series three seasons ago. 

Making the playoffs>>>>>>>>>>>not even making it

1 hour ago, Breesus mode said:

Making the playoffs>>>>>>>>>>>not even making it

Def disagree. I would rather have much been in the 6ers position of the last decade and played like crap versus a team that will hover around the 5th to 8th seed and not be able to attract big FAs.... Asuming a team knows how to rebuild. 

7 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

Def disagree. I would rather have much been in the 6ers position of the last decade and played like crap versus a team that will hover around the 5th to 8th seed and not be able to attract big FAs.... Asuming a team knows how to rebuild. 

Yeah that worked out super well for the 76ers

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

doesn't change the fact that the whole discussion from you pre-draft was that the pellies and lakers obviously had a deal for it to happen on the 30th

so I would like an apology from you cause I was obviously right there

Remember the summer league, Pellies trading the 4th pick, Lakers need the space more discussion 

Yes, because it was the "cleanest" path to a max contract.  And the entire time Woj and others were talking about the Lakers didn't have max cap space, guys like Eric Pincus said otherwise.  IF you want to say I was wrong in that regard, sure.  But I was told repeatedly nobody was going to be willing to take on Bonga, Wagner, and Jones, and that the Pelicans wouldn't let it happen.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes, because it was the "cleanest" path to a max contract.  And the entire time Woj and others were talking about the Lakers didn't have max cap space, guys like Eric Pincus said otherwise.  IF you want to say I was wrong in that regard, sure.  But I was told repeatedly nobody was going to be willing to take on Bonga, Wagner, and Jones, and that the Pelicans wouldn't let it happen.

They didn't have max cap space. Until this Wizards deal, not sure how Woj was wrong. He repeatedly said it would be costly and difficult, it was. You literally gave up a 2nd round pick to give up 3 rookies, two of which were drafted in the 1st and 2nd round. That is costly. Woj wasn't wrong.

I'm very surprised the Pelicans are signing off on this. Seems like a good gesture by David Griffin, but I feel like he should've told them to get bent.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's a strong possibility they retain Harris. If they offer them both a max deal it'd be hard to walk away from that type of money. 

I feel like offering Tobias a max deal is a bad move...but I guess they dont really have an option

29 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I feel like offering Tobias a max deal is a bad move...but I guess they dont really have an option

They have a window where they can realistically win a championship in the next two years if they keep their core together and surround them with shooting. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

They didn't have max cap space. Until this Wizards deal, not sure how Woj was wrong. He repeatedly said it would be costly and difficult, it was. You literally gave up a 2nd round pick to give up 3 rookies, two of which were drafted in the 1st and 2nd round. That is costly. Woj wasn't wrong.

I'm very surprised the Pelicans are signing off on this. Seems like a good gesture by David Griffin, but I feel like he should've told them to get bent.

Woj (and some of the other talking heads) went and on and on about how there was no way the Lakers could have max cap space unless they used it as part of the original Anthony Davis trade.  When Eric Pincus (and a few other notable cap experts) mentioned that by guaranteeing a portion of Jermerrio Jones as well as taking back Isaac Bonga and Mo Wagner, the Lakers could in fact take on Anthony Davis via matching salaries and not by using their cap space.  And I'd hardly call it costly or difficult.  The Lakers traded three players they'd ideally have buried on the bench.  Wagner might have been the only one who might have cracked the rotation, and even then it seemed unlikely given their current depth chart and what would have happened had they signed a few veteran ring chasers.  Either way, you're also missing the concept that the Wiz dealt $1.1M to the Pelicans as part of this deal, so they're essentially buying a future SRP for $1.1M.  The notion that it was costly is laughable at best.

It was a good faith gesture on both of their parts.  David Griffin wasn't going to nuke the deal simply to spite the Lakers, especially after he had already agreed to deal the 4th overall pick to Atlanta as part of a trade down for more asests.

Archived