2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, I don't think there's a SINGLE team that wouldn't love to have him on their roster.  But he also has more value to the Lakers than anyone else.

I'm sure every team would take Kuzma on his rookie contract, absolutely. Give up a good asset for him? Absolutely not.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I'm sure every team would take Kuzma on his rookie contract, absolutely. Give up a good asset for him? Absolutely not.

What do you mean by good asset?  Is a team going to give up a top 3 draft pick?  Probably not.  Are they going to give up a high quality role player?  Possibly, but the problem is the matching salaries is going to be damn near impossible since Kyle Kuzma is making peanuts.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying they aren't one of the favorites as is.  But comparing them to the Warriors team who went to the NBA Finals, and the Lakers didn't even make the playoffs.

The not making the playoffs means exactly what when they added Anthony Davis since the season ended? I mean technically the Lakers are the odds on favorites to win it as is without Kawhi. If they get him? May be one of the biggest favorites to win it all in the last 30 years heading into the season. 

Again, I'm perfectly fine with Kawhi going to the Lakers. I don't care, he is a FA and can do whatever he chooses to do so. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What do you mean by good asset?  Is a team going to give up a top 3 draft pick?  Probably not.  Are they going to give up a high quality role player?  Possibly, but the problem is the matching salaries is going to be damn near impossible since Kyle Kuzma is making peanuts.

No one is scrambling to acquire role players who can't shoot or create for others.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Precisely. Extend and trade Kuzma.

Are you serious? Why? Look at what he's set to make the next three years. There is absolutely no reason to do anything other than ride his extremely favorable contract out.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Are you serious? Why? Look at what he's set to make the next three years. There is absolutely no reason to do anything other than ride his extremely favorable contract out.

The reason in this scenario is if Kawhi signed then you extend Kuzma so the Lakers can facilitate a trade and make 2019-2020 a championship season guaranteed. Yes, I'm serious.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Nikola Vucevic gets less love than he has earned.

People slandered Vuc when he was killing it in the regular season and then decided to praise him after he was exposed in meaningful games/playoff games 

But no, the Lakers will end up with Kyrie Irving - the only team right now capable of satisfying his needs because LeBron is there. I think any other team Irving goes to is going to be short of a disaster. Instead, wherever Kyrie signs that team will be mediocre aside from the Lakers.

Archived