2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

"Who gives a damn?" Really? If I'm his teammate I give a damn. If I'm one of the coaches, I give a damn. If I'm a truly supportive family member I want him in the best situation to chase out his probable lifelong dream of being a champion and learning what it takes to be one off and on the court. If I am the Knicks fan or Spurs fan, I give a damn. If I am anybody associated with Marcus Morris I want him to win. Money is overrated as a provision for family to these NBA guys when they're all already financially secure, especially a tenured veteran player like Morris. It's all around a disappointment for me in any of the aforementioned scenarios.

Your argument is valid about loyalty which I completely empathize with. However, it doesn't replace honor which I put a higher value on than many I suppose.

Sure doesn't seem like there's much empathizing here.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Quit hating on the guy. Mitchell is a dog and you know it. 

Not hating on him. More hating on the fanboy praising him who doesn't understand basketball.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He had more help than Donavan Mitchell and they were still a losing team. I’m over this debate. In my opinion Mitchell is the best young player in the league. 

More help?  You're kidding, right?

I love all the advanced stats that are now available but maybe it’s a problem. There can be one stat that suggests Mitchell isn’t very good and you could simply say that’s a BS stat that isn’t indicative of on court performance and then find a stat that suggests Mitchell is a top 15 player and be like this is really the only advanced metric I trust tbh. 

I’m sure this works with a large portion of the non superstars and scrubs average players can either be elite role guys or sneaky overrated based on something. 

10 hours ago, showtime said:

Yea, but these guys have families and people they take care of.  Most of these guys won't do anything after basketball and they'll retire in their 30's.  Just think about that.  People's 30's and 40's are when they're just starting out and fresh in their careers.  For these guys, it's all over with.  They need to make as much money as possible while they can.

I'm sure its nothing but word choice.....but lets not pretend these guys are gonna fall off the face of the earth. Cant say what they're "trained" to do career-wise (other than basketball) - but their lives *and options* are wide open. Wanna go back to school and actually accomplish something other than playing ball? Time (and money) is certainly on your side.

6 hours ago, Utley said:

Sure doesn't seem like there's much empathizing here.

@N4L The entire post is empathizing with people who care about winning and are affected by those individuals who focus more on their personal career advancement after already having carved out a lucrative career. What did you miss? As far as loyalty is concerned, obviously close to none of that exist in the NBA from the executive perspective so why should a player be expected to behave any differently. Loyalty is not the main point though. Honor, attitude, effort, and integrity are what I empathized with in that post.

4 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I love all the advanced stats that are now available but maybe it’s a problem. There can be one stat that suggests Mitchell isn’t very good and you could simply say that’s a BS stat that isn’t indicative of on court performance and then find a stat that suggests Mitchell is a top 15 player and be like this is really the only advanced metric I trust tbh. 

I’m sure this works with a large portion of the non superstars and scrubs average players can either be elite role guys or sneaky overrated based on something. 

It's nice that it is clear cut in this case. Literally every single advanced stat paints Mitchell to be far from a superstar level player.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@N4L The entire post is empathizing with people who care about winning and are affected by those individuals who focus more on their personal career advancement after already having carved out a lucrative career. What did you miss? As far as loyalty is concerned, obviously close to none of that exist in the NBA from the executive perspective so why should a player be expected to behave any differently. Loyalty is not the main point though. Honor, attitude, effort, and integrity are what I empathized with in that post.

You made no effort to empathize with Marcus Morris or his family. You simply stated how you would feel in those situations. That’s not empathy.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Aren’t you a Lakers fan? You haven’t seen winning basketball for 10 years.

Aren’t you a New York, Raiders, and Jazz fan? If that isn’t alarming enough, you are giving people grief for their crappy teams? My god....

38 minutes ago, Utley said:

No I’m not. I’ve had a hand in winning basketball, though.

You could've had the best young player in the league then, should've encouraged your team to draft Spida. Either way I don't feel like going back and forth about Mitchell anymore. The obsession with him on here has gotten out of hand. 

Archived