2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Not sure if it’s been discussed here or not, but Cris Carter said doctors are saying KD’s Achilles rupture will be fully healed in 6 and a half months. 

Yeah...not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Not sure if it’s been discussed here or not, but Cris Carter said doctors are saying KD’s Achilles rupture will be fully healed in 6 and a half months. 

Isnt the doctor that did the cutting on KD the Net's doctor? Or on their medical staff?

If so....think ticket sales.

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude based on that metric Embiid and Jokic are easily better.  Devin Booker and Zion could be argued too.  Mitchell might not even be top 5.

It's actually worse. Using positive guys in their 1st-5th season who played 20 mpg and scored 15 ppg (so basically anyone who played consistently and can score) Donovan Mitchell ranked:

4/24 in PPG

20/24 in RPG

9/24 in APG

1/24 in FGA

21/24 in PER

4/24 in Usage

22/24 in TS%

24/24 in ORTG

5/24 in DRTG

22/24 in WS/48

19/24 in BPM

15/24 in VORP

Basically the only thing special about him even for a small group of players is that he has the ball and shoots a lot. He's clearly not a top 5 player in years 1-5.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Archer...

Dr. Kreiger

I. Am. Disappoint. 

I didn't think through this whole "don't teach summer school" thing, because it has left me at home taking care of 3 kids under the age of 6.  My mind no longer knows Archer.  It recognizes only Daniel Tiger, Paw Patrol, and Cars 3 for the umpteenth time.

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I didn't think this whole "don't teach summer school" thing, because it has left me at home taking care of 3 kids under the age of 6.  My mind no longer knows Archer.  It recognizes only Daniel Tiger, Paw Patrol, and Cars 3 for the umpteenth time.

Need to get them on the old school cartoons and kids movies.

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Need to get them on the old school cartoons and kids movies.

Working on it.  Problem is, I then get into the cartoon because "Oh, I remember this one!" and then I lose track of the 1-year-old who is now mobile-ish and has no interest in TV like the twins do.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude based on that metric Embiid and Jokic are easily better.  Devin Booker and Zion could be argued too.  Mitchell might not even be top 5.

How could Zion be argued?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

SI: The NBA Needs to Address its Free Agency Problem—and Adam Silver Knows It

So what’s the fix here? To many team executives, it’s simple: Move the draft. Last year, the Rockets submitted a proposal that would do exactly that. From the mind of Houston GM Daryl Morey came the idea that the draft and free agency be flipped. The advantage would be able to get through the free agent process, and then reevaluate its roster before the draft. With its cap space already spoken for, the likelihood of trades on draft night would spike (always good TV) as teams zero in on the players they pine for.

The idea has a slowly growing number of supporters. “It’s great for team building,” says former Hawks GM Wes Wilcox. “Let’s say you were not able to acquire a player in free agency. You’re going to be more aggressive in trying to draft that type of guy. You will have great roster clarity. Amongst GM’s, it’s talked about a lot.”

Draft and FA has always been bass ackwards in Basketball TBH.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How could Zion be argued?

I'm the biggest Zion fan on the forum and I definitely think he'll be a very good player. But I think he'll be more in the Blake Griffin-tier, very popular, very exciting, but you probably won't win a championship unless he's paired with at least 1 more star. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Basically the only thing special about him even for a small group of players is that he has the ball and shoots a lot. He's clearly not a top 5 player in years 1-5.

The special thing about him is that he has carried one of the most poorly constructed offensive units in the league to the playoffs during his first two years. Mitchell legitimately had no spacing and no secondary scorer. Defenses keyed in on him and he has still played like a star and carried us. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

But Cris Carter said that Kawhi wasn't considering signing a short term deal. Just goes to show, once again, that all of the media guys were guessing and pulling stuff out of thin air in regards to Kawhi. 

Archived