2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, Danger said:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Donovan Mitchell shot 32% in the playoffs and is one of the least efficient players in the league.

Mitchell can carry an offense, we've seen it during the past few years. Simmons as your 5th best offensive threat surrounded by an elite shooter and 3 max contract players isn't good enough to get out of the 2nd round in the Eastern Conference. 

I honestly believe Simmons is the same player... What's different about him now? He still can't shoot, still can't score, and is still useless in crunch time. 

Just now, Breesus mode said:

This would hurt more if we didn’t already win a ring. Also, try harder.

I can't hate on the Saints, they've always been my 2nd favorite team because my uncle is a die-hard fan. I used to have a Deuce McAllister jersey, the deuce is loose baby. Aaron Brooks, Joe Horn, the kick off return, I remember it all. 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nah, Brees only only averaged 6.2 Yards per attempt in the Rams game, he's the reason he lost and clearly he sucks. 

~ NYRaider

But he was the reason.. Dude was getting made loved to.. And threw the game losing INT. NO CAP.. But i also hate the saints so...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Mitchell can carry an offense, we've seen it during the past few years. Simmons as your 5th best offensive threat surrounded by an elite shooter and 3 max contract players isn't good enough to get out of the 2nd round in the Eastern Conference. 

I honestly believe Simmons is the same player... What's different about him now? He still can't shoot, still can't score, and is still useless in crunch time. 

1. Simmons wasn't our 5th best offensive threat (this is only in the playoffs mind you), but rather 4th.
2. JJ Reddick is an Elite 3 point shooter, but was a huge liability defensively, and only averaged 13.4 points per game in the playoffs. Not as big of a factor as you're making out to be.
3. We did not have 3 max players on our team last season. We now have Tobias making the max (even though he shouldn't be) and Embiid. 
4. We lost in 7 games on a last second shot to the NBA Champs. While all 2nd round exits have the same result, not all teams to be ousted in the 2nd round team go out in the same fashion. 

He can score. Right now, no he can not shoot. Yes I'll give you that to this point he's not been good in crunch time. However someone with his skillset and physical traits and abilities the sky is the limit. I've said multiple times that if he still has no semblance of a jump shot by the end of the 2020-2021 season that I'll concede that. He's still 22 years old, it's silly to assume he can't improve any of his weaknesses to this point, just as I'm sure Mitchell can more consistently increase his efficiency. At such young ages, not everything is not yet set in stone. 

Just now, Danger said:

1. Simmons wasn't our 5th best offensive threat (this is only in the playoffs mind you), but rather 4th.
2. JJ Reddick is an Elite 3 point shooter, but was a huge liability defensively, and only averaged 13.4 points per game in the playoffs. Not as big of a factor as you're making out to be.
3. We did not have 3 max players on our team last season. We now have Tobias making the max (even though he shouldn't be) and Embiid. 
4. We lost in 7 games on a last second shot to the NBA Champs. While all 2nd round exits have the same result, not all teams to be ousted in the 2nd round team go out in the same fashion. 

He can score. Right now, no he can not shoot. Yes I'll give you that to this point he's not been good in crunch time. However someone with his skillset and physical traits and abilities the sky is the limit. I've said multiple times that if he still has no semblance of a jump shot by the end of the 2020-2021 season that I'll concede that. He's still 22 years old, it's silly to assume he can't improve any of his weaknesses to this point, just as I'm sure Mitchell can more consistently increase his efficiency. At such young ages, not everything is not yet set in stone. 

1. Simmons was your 5th best offensive player in the playoffs. 

2. Redick was still better offensively than Simmons in the playoffs. 

3. You had 3 max level players on your team with Embiid, Harris, and Butler. Just because he wasn't making it last year he's still a max contract level player as we saw this summer.

4. You still lost and Simmons "the dog" didn't step up when it counted. 

Simmons is the same player he was 3 years ago at LSU. Obviously, he has potential because of his unique physical gifts but he hasn't improved, like at all, since he was in college. He's like a taller, worse shooting version of Lonzo Ball. He'll need 3 other superstars around him to make it to the ECF. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

3. You had 3 max level players on your team with Embiid, Harris, and Butler. Just because he wasn't making it last year he's still a max contract level player as we saw this summer.

Simmons is the same player he was 3 years ago at LSU. Obviously, he has potential because of his unique physical gifts but he hasn't improved, like at all, since he was in college. He's like a taller, worse shooting version of Lonzo Ball. He'll need 3 other superstars around him to make it to the ECF. 

And if the Jazz had drafted Simmons you'd be saying he was the same player as Giannis. "Just surround him with shooters."

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

1. Wrong. Clearly 4th at worst. Any basic research would show this.

2. Wrong. Same as above.

3. Mostly true. They had three players who are now playing under max contracts. Tobias didn't have a max contract last year.

4. Mostly true

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

1. Wrong. Clearly 4th at worst. Any basic research would show this.

2. Wrong. Same as above.

3. Mostly true. They had three players who are now playing under max contracts. Tobias didn't have a max contract last year.

4. Mostly true

My main point is that Simmons is essentially useless in the playoffs and hasn’t improved since he was at LSU. 

Archived