2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, Utley said:

Don't do this.

AD is not a superstar in my eyes. If I'm calling a guy a superstar he has to be good enough to be the best player on a championship-level team. He is a star though. The only guys that I'd say are "superstar" in the league right now are LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and Kawhi Leonard. With guys like Anthony Davis, James Harden as high-level stars but not quite superstar level yet. They have to show that they can take over and win games when it counts to reach superstar status. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AD is not a superstar in my eyes. If I'm calling a guy a superstar he has to be good enough to be the best player on a championship-level team. He is a star though. The only guys that I'd say are "superstar" in the league right now are LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and Kawhi Leonard. With guys like Anthony Davis, James Harden as high-level stars but not quite superstar level yet. They have to show that they can take over and win games when it counts to reach superstar status. 

Bo. I'm gonna ask one more time. Please don't.

Just now, Utley said:

I'm gonna ask one more time. Please don't.

So based on your thinking, there are like 10 superstars in the league. I like AD, he's a great player, but he's not a superstar yet. He is a high level star but there are only a handful of superstars in the league. LeBron is a superstar, having him on your team gives you a legit chance to win a title regardless of who else is on the roster. Same thing with guys like Curry, Durant, and Leonard. Obviously they have been on talented teams but they've been great in the postseason and elevated their teams into elite status. AD has never done that in his career yet, could he with the Lakers? Definitely. But at this point in his career, he isn't a superstar. 

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No this forum just doesn’t like you because you’re a troll and obnoxious.

The majority of the hate that I get here is because I support Donovan Mitchell and also don't think the Lakers will be that good. But just remember, when everyone here was praising the Lake show last offseason, I said they were a fringe playoff team. A lot of people here also take it too seriously, I never take personal jabs because it's really not that important to me. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The majority of the hate that I get here is because I support Donovan Mitchell and also don't think the Lakers will be that good. But just remember, when everyone here was praising the Lake show last offseason, I said they were a fringe playoff team. 

Dude in case you haven’t noticed, A LOT of people on this forum hate the Lakers and hope they remain bad. They just don’t include their hate in every post and troll about it.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Dude in case you haven’t noticed, A LOT of people on this forum hate the Lakers and hope they remain bad. They just don’t include their hate in every post and troll about it.

I hardly ever talk about the Lakers on this board. When after every single post I make someone takes a shot at Donovan Mitchell or the Jazz it limits the constructive discussions we can have on the board. I grew up in Los Angeles, my entire family is die-hard Laker fans and I watched almost every single Lakers game during the Kobe/Pau era, I really don't mind the team or the franchise. It's just annoying that a lot of Lakers fans always assume that you guys will be good and have a sense of entitlement because you had a dynasty almost two decades ago.

Archived