Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Barrett is a wing who doesn’t use his off hand that well, is an average ball handler and can’t shoot. 

That doesnt translate well to the NBA. I like Barrett, but in most classes he’s a guy who goes between 5-8

He's a better prospect than Tatum was coming out and has more upside.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

This is super false. Barrett has some serious flaws. He's not a huge wing, can't dribble that well, can't use his off hand and can't shoot. Thats not great.

He's 6'7" with good length, excellent creator off the bounce, good facilitator, above average defender, good spot up shooter. The only really big weakness in his game is shooting off of the dribble. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's 6'7" with good length, excellent creator off the bounce, good facilitator, above average defender, good spot up shooter. The only really big weakness in his game is shooting off of the dribble. 

His big weakness is he doesn't like to use his right hand, he has poor handles and he can't shoot. Those are all huge weaknesses for a guy who's a wing scorer. He's going to REALLY struggle to adjust to the NBA. I'm not saying he can't do it but its insane to call him a better prospect than Tatum IMO. He's one of the weaker top 3 picks in recent memory.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

His big weakness is he doesn't like to use his right hand, he has poor handles and he can't shoot. Those are all huge weaknesses for a guy who's a wing scorer. He's going to REALLY struggle to adjust to the NBA. I'm not saying he can't do it but its insane to call him a better prospect than Tatum IMO. He's one of the weaker top 3 picks in recent memory.

He has poor handles yet lived in the lane and was good creating his own offense and as a distributor, hm, interesting. He was good in catch and shoot situations but was meh shooting off the bounce, it didn't help that Duke had a bunch of non-shooters on the floor so he was forced to take more 3's than he should've been taking. He can improve his handle, using his right hand, and shooting with repetition. Not too many 6'7" wings with his playmaking ability, at worst he should be like a less athletic DeMar DeRozan. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has poor handles yet lived in the lane and was good creating his own offense and as a distributor, hm, interesting. He was good in catch and shoot situations but was meh shooting off the bounce, it didn't help that Duke had a bunch of non-shooters on the floor so he was forced to take more 3's than he should've been taking. He can improve his handle, using his right hand, and shooting with repetition. Not too many 6'7" wings with his playmaking ability, at worst he should be like a less athletic DeMar DeRozan. 

He has bad handles, this is well documented. He dribbles the ball high and loose. His shot is slow. I don't hate him as a prospect, I think his ceiling is DeMar DeRozan. I think his floor is Dajuan Wagner tbh.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He has bad handles, this is well documented. He dribbles the ball high and loose. His shot is slow. I don't hate him as a prospect, I think his ceiling is DeMar DeRozan. I think his floor is Dajuan Wagner tbh.

"Barrett's marquee skill is his ability to create advantage situations with the bounce.

When in isolation, he's proficient at changing direction and speed which often leaves defenders on their heels and in a vulnerable position. Very decisive when attacking closeouts, he can get into the paint at will and force help to come before making a pass. Duke was one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the country last season and that meant a condensed floor that didn't fully showcase Barrett's playmaking side but NBA offences should unlock his game even more and that could make him a dangerous man."

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

"Barrett's marquee skill is his ability to create advantage situations with the bounce.

When in isolation, he's proficient at changing direction and speed which often leaves defenders on their heels and in a vulnerable position. Very decisive when attacking closeouts, he can get into the paint at will and force help to come before making a pass. Duke was one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the country last season and that meant a condensed floor that didn't fully showcase Barrett's playmaking side but NBA offences should unlock his game even more and that could make him a dangerous man."

How does that disprove anything I said

Celtics could probably put together the best package but with Kyrie most likely leaving AD probably won’t resign there so I doubt Boston is really an option at this point so it comes down to NY and LA  

The way I see the potential packages 

NY offers 

* #3 aka RJ Barrett who projects as a perineal all star who is close friends with the new face of their franchise

*A bunch filler

LA offers

* Brandon Ingram who has the potential to become an all star caliber player

* Lonzo Ball who I also think has the potential to be an all star caliber player plus his play making and ability to get his team into transition makes him a good fit with Zion.

* Kyle Kuzma a young stretch 4 who could be flipped for additional assets if you don’t think he fits the roster

* Josh Hart young 3 and D guard

*  The 4th pick in a draft where there is a drop off in talent after the top 3

The single best asset in either trade is #3 aka RJ Barrett the problem for NY is I believe that’s the only appealing asset they have. To me the potential LA package as a whole is better.