Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

Lakers overvaluing guys like Kuzma and Ball will never not be funny.

Knicks and Boston have the clear best packages to get a deal done if they want to.

Hot take - Griffin is going to wait to trade AD. I actually don’t think he’ll be moved until the deadline, if at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

As a Celtic fan no way do I want to give up Tatum and Brown, unless AD signs an extension. And even then I am not sure I would do it.

Sounds pretty reminiscent of Sixers fans and how they were acting about Kawhi last offseason.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Having a 3rd team being added actually makes sense.  Send Lonzo to a 3rd team (say Chicago or Phoenix).  Also, don't see the Lakers including ALL of their assets in Anthony Davis, especially if they don't feel pressure from Boston in particular.  Something like:

Lakers Get: C Anthony Davis
Pelicans Get: SF Brandon Ingram, #4, #6/#7
Bulls/Suns Get: PG Lonzo Ball

I believe that works financially once the Lakers sign their DP.  In theory, the Pelicans can start their rebuild with Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, and two more picks (say Jarrett Culver and Darius Garland) to jumpstart their rebuild.

Financially that works, but that's about a ****ty of a deal as you could pull for New Orleans

Picks outside the top 3 in this draft are basically worthless.

• Like 1

I'm either taking the Knicks or the Celtics offer. The Knicks offer gives you a valuable young PF in Knox, a decent core, and either Ja Morant or R.J. Barrett. The Celtics gives you a solid young core with an above average PG (I think he only has 1 year left though) and a middling draft pick. Personally, I think that the Lakers deal is far and away the worst. Pick #4 has much less value than the Knicks pick, and I'm not nearly as high on Lonzo as most others. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Hot take - Griffin is going to wait to trade AD. I actually don’t think he’ll be moved until the deadline, if at all.

That's what I've been saying in the other thread. Griffin had the ability to do some really good things in free agency now that they have Zion. Try to show Davis what can happen.

As a Grizzlies fan, I'll take Solomon Hill and a top 20 protected 1st that turns into 2 2nds after 3 years for Avery Bradley, who can either be kept since he played well for Memphis or waived and save $10 million. Or for Jonas, who played REALLY well for Memphis. If they trade for Jonas, then sign Patrick Beverly and Bogdanovic.

However, if Davis hadn't signed an extension before the deadline, then they have to trade him. It'd be awful if they held onto him.

Edited by seminoles1

The Lakers will have to throw in extra future picks.

#4, Brandon Ingram, Kuzma/Ball, 2022 1st, and 2024 1st.

I think all of the young players on the Knicks all suck except for Robinson. And I'd much rather have Brandon Ingram than RJ Barrett.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Juancho Hernangomez (or another young cheap player) for AD ...... better than these offers?

I don't think Nuggets would do that without a commitment, which they wouldn't get. 

Gotta throw in Porter I'd think.

If New Orleans doesn't want to rebuild, then I would love for Portland to get in on this.

McCollum, Collins, Simons, #25, 2022 1st.

Gives New Orleans an All-Star caliber player, 1 good young piece to partner with Zion in the front court, a young player with lots of potential, and 2 picks.

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Juancho Hernangomez (or another young cheap player) for AD ...... better than these offers?

I don't think Nuggets would do that without a commitment, which they wouldn't get. 

Eh...I think its definitely competitive with the Celtics and Knicks packages. Murray would be very appealing. Probably more so than Tatum.

• Like 1