2020 Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

On 5/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, Activated10 said:

OC from New Orleans Saints, Pete Caramichael Jr

Is a joke with all of these OCs getting hired, he still hasn't found a job after being 10 YEARS OF OC FOR THE SAINTS. Now I know he doesn't call plays for the Saints but that doesn't matter. Look at Dougie P and Matt Nagy, neither called plays when with Reid on the Chiefs and both of done fantastic in their respective jobs. I respect Payton just as much as Reid and Caramichael has gotten high praise from players he's coached and he helps with offensive gameplan. Can a team give this man a chance please.

If I'm not mistaken, Pete has actually had a few chances over the years, and has even interviewed a couple times. From all appearances, he doesn't want to leave New Orleans.

As for the reasons why, who knows? If I had to speculate, I would think it either has to do with him not wanting to uproot his family, or he's waiting for Drew Brees to retire before moving on.

9 hours ago, SWATcha said:

If I'm not mistaken, Pete has actually had a few chances over the years, and has even interviewed a couple times. From all appearances, he doesn't want to leave New Orleans.

As for the reasons why, who knows? If I had to speculate, I would think it either has to do with him not wanting to uproot his family, or he's waiting for Drew Brees to retire before moving on.

If he doesn't want to leave New Orleans then what's the point of going for interviews. Also didn't Sean Payton have a rant about all these unproven OCs being hired and being annoyed that his OC wasn't hired.

23 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Hes never had an interview and the NFL routinely leaves him off the recommended list for coaching hires.  When Ryan Pace was set to do his coaching search last year, I expected Carmichael to be at the top of the interview list, again, he doesnt even get interviewed.  My understanding is hes a brilliant offensive mind who would be terrible at leading a locker room.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes never had an interview and the NFL routinely leaves him off the recommended list for coaching hires.  When Ryan Pace was set to do his coaching search last year, I expected Carmichael to be at the top of the interview list, again, he doesnt even get interviewed.  My understanding is hes a brilliant offensive mind who would be terrible at leading a locker room.

Lol what are you talking about. He had an interview with Raiders in 2012 and literally had an interview this year with the Packers

5 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Lol what are you talking about. He had an interview with Raiders in 2012 and literally had an interview this year with the Packers

Well the only confirmed interview he has EVER had is last year, which should tell you how right I am.  He was RUMORED to have interviewed for the Raiders job in 2012, however, if he had, it was a violation of NFL rules.  

21 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Well the only confirmed interview he has EVER had is last year, which should tell you how right I am.  He was RUMORED to have interviewed for the Raiders job in 2012, however, if he had, it was a violation of NFL rules.  

Not completely right because you said he never had an interview but I get what your saying.