2020 Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

On 5/28/2019 at 5:16 PM, 49erurtaza said:

Jim Harbaugh didn't fail he won 44 games lost 19 had a winning percentage of 690 went to a Superbowl and never had a losing season.

I think that might have been more of a product because of that staff. Vic And Roman have been complete studs since moving on from the 9ers. Harbs has been a major disappointment with Michigan, where he hasn’t been able to outcoach any good teams 

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think that might have been more of a product because of that staff. Vic And Roman have been complete studs since moving on from the 9ers. Harbs has been a major disappointment with Michigan, where he hasn’t been able to outcoach any good teams 

Fangio, yeah. But Roman? He was so-so even with Niners and then only had meh seasons with the Bills. Couldn’t even get a job after two seasons in Buffalo until now with the Ravens - where they’re obviously rolling over people, but if we’re going to try to re-assign credit, then I’m not sure he’s near the top of that list for this Baltimore team.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Fangio, yeah. But Roman? He was so-so even with Niners and then only had meh seasons with the Bills. Couldn’t even get a job after two seasons in Buffalo until now with the Ravens - where they’re obviously rolling over people, but if we’re going to try to re-assign credit, then I’m not sure he’s near the top of that list for this Baltimore team.

He was very good with the 9ers and had the bills offense top12 with Tyrod as their QB. He as built an offense that is taking Lamar Jackson to a different level. Roman deserves his credit. Now you look at what Harbs has done with Michigan and it’s been a major disappointment. Dude was suppose to be an offensive guru and a QB whisper but Michigan has had nothing about avg to above avg offense with very inconsistent play. The best aspect of Harbs tenure with Michigan has been the defense and it’s not his unit. 

if the Falcons don't end up winning out and just dominating to keep quinn's job safe.  Then i have a list of 5 guys i want as the falcons head coach next year of people i think would actually leave and join a team.   I don't think Dabo or Saban would leave so i left them off of the list.

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Gary Kubiak 

3. Pete Carmichael Jr. ( people say he hasn't called plays but thats false he called the 2012 offense and 2016 offense when peyton was suspended and out injured.  Both of those years were 2 of the 3 best years on offense the saints have ever had ppg and ypg wise.   Only reason those 2 above are ahead of him is because of experience.  I am super high on him though and would love if he was the falcons next hc.

4. Eric  Bieniemy

5. Josh Mcdaniels or Harbaugh - Im not super big on either of them but wouldn't be pissed if we did end up getting them they are below the others for sure though. 

Now the 2 guys i want as my OC would be Mike Mcdaniel or Joe Brady

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

if the Falcons don't end up winning out and just dominating to keep quinn's job safe.  Then i have a list of 5 guys i want as the falcons head coach next year of people i think would actually leave and join a team.   I don't think Dabo or Saban would leave so i left them off of the list.

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Gary Kubiak 

3. Pete Carmichael Jr. ( people say he hasn't called plays but thats false he called the 2012 offense and 2016 offense when peyton was suspended and out injured.  Both of those years were 2 of the 3 best years on offense the saints have ever had ppg and ypg wise.   Only reason those 2 above are ahead of him is because of experience.  I am super high on him though and would love if he was the falcons next hc.

4. Eric  Bieniemy

5. Josh Mcdaniels or Harbaugh - Im not super big on either of them but wouldn't be pissed if we did end up getting them they are below the others for sure though. 

Now the 2 guys i want as my OC would be Mike Mcdaniel or Joe Brady

Kubiac doesn't have interest in being head coach again does he?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Everyone should forget about Kevin stefanski

He was highly considered for the Browns - supposedly was our second choice after Freddie.

If Freddie Kitchens gets fired, I won't be surprised if Stefanski gets serious consideration from us again.

Just now, DawgX said:

He was highly considered for the Browns - supposedly was our second choice after Freddie.

If Freddie Kitchens gets fired, I won't be surprised if Stefanski gets serious consideration from us again.

I think the browns should go after someone like McCarthy

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He was very good with the 9ers and had the bills offense top12 with Tyrod as their QB. He as built an offense that is taking Lamar Jackson to a different level. Roman deserves his credit. 

Very good? 

2011: 11th in points, 26th in yards, 23rd first downs, 24th in yards/drive, 12 in points/drive.

2012: 11th in points, 11th in yards, 14th in first downs, 10th in yards/drive, 9th in points/drive. 

2013: 11th in points, 24th in yards, 25th in first downs, 22nd in yards/drive, 12th in points/drive.

2014: 25th in points, 20th in yards, 22nd in first downs, 18th in yards/drive, 22nd in points/drive.

2015: 12th in points, 13th in yards, 28th in first downs, 13th in yards/drive, 11th in points/drive.

2016: 10th in points, 16th in yards, 16th in first downs, 12th in yards/game, 9th in points/game. 

Average: 13th in points, 18th in yards, 21st in first downs, 17th in yards/drive, 13th in points/game. Good run, terrible passing. 

And again, this year is clearly an outlier for a Roman offense. So if we’re designating credit, he doesn’t deserve the brunt of it.

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Very good? 

2011: 11th in points, 26th in yards, 23rd first downs, 24th in yards/drive, 12 in points/drive.

2012: 11th in points, 11th in yards, 14th in first downs, 10th in yards/drive, 9th in points/drive. 

2013: 11th in points, 24th in yards, 25th in first downs, 22nd in yards/drive, 12th in points/drive.

2014: 25th in points, 20th in yards, 22nd in first downs, 18th in yards/drive, 22nd in points/drive.

2015: 12th in points, 13th in yards, 28th in first downs, 13th in yards/drive, 11th in points/drive.

2016: 10th in points, 16th in yards, 16th in first downs, 12th in yards/game, 9th in points/game. 

Average: 13th in points, 18th in yards, 21st in first downs, 17th in yards/drive, 13th in points/game. Good run, terrible passing. 

And again, this year is clearly an outlier for a Roman offense. So if we’re designating credit, he doesn’t deserve the brunt of it.

All that matter is the points. You could say terrible at passing because the QBs he had to work with were never great passers. You could say the best pure passer he has ever worked with was Alex Smith. Kap was meh as a passer. Tyrod was meh As well

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

All that matter is the points. You could say terrible at passing because the QBs he had to work with were never great passers. You could say the best pure passer he has ever worked with was Alex Smith. Kap was meh as a passer. Tyrod was meh As well

So you’re saying you can give him a pass for his bad passing offenses because he’s always worked with bad QBs, but he deserves credit for strong rushing offenses even though he’s always had good runners? How does that make sense?

EDIT: And even if points were all that mattered (not true), then he’s still only put out slightly above average performances.

Edited by Yin-Yang