2020 Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't think they're at that point yet - but with his two QBs looking good (all things considered) as well as another guy who will probably go in the 1st in Jalen Hurts, we're quickly approaching blank check territory.

Oklahoma isn't letting him go without resistance, so there is going to be more than blank checks to get him over. He's going to need oversight on guys he brings in - maybe not full GM duties, but the expectation is that he's getting significant say in who is brought in, player-wise.

I mean, it's not even a blank check situation.  Realistically, how many HCs in CFB have more job security than Lincoln Riley?  That list probably has two names ahead of him: Dabo Swinney and Nick Saban.  The Sooners aren't going to fire him anytime soon.  Hell, he could miss bowl games the next two seasons and he's probably not getting fired.  First off, you'd have to write a pretty damn big check to get him to leave.  His buyout is a hefty $21M.  Secondly, you're probably letting him put his FO personnel in place.

1 minute ago, KOTN-93 said:
14 hours ago, ET80 said:

Doubtful. He's doing just enough to keep his job. 

He's the new Marvin Lewis of the NFL.

Jason Garrett: Am I a joke to you?

Making fun of Garrett is an internet rite of passage, but dont forget he has completely rebuilt the Cowboys organization and even the staunchest of Jason haters would 100% support him being our GM. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Making fun of Garrett is an internet rite of passage, but dont forget he has completely rebuilt the Cowboys organization and even the staunchest of Jason haters would 100% support him being our GM. 

Rebuilt what? The Cowboys weren't the browns before Jason Garrett got there so what has he rebuilt? 

In fact most people believe Jason Garrett is the only thing holding the Cowboys back from being a true SB contender. 

6 minutes ago, Classic said:

Rebuilt what? The Cowboys weren't the browns before Jason Garrett got there so what has he rebuilt? 

In fact most people believe Jason Garrett is the only thing holding the Cowboys back from being a true SB contender. 

Most people are dumb. The Cowboys were deft of talent in the middle parts of their roster. We had signed over $250m in bad contracts. The player development under Garrett has been insanely good. Arguably best in the NFL. 

Can he lead us to a superbowl? I am not optimistic on it. But is he a bad coach? No. He did a lot for us. 

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So did Marvin. Cincy was a historic tire-fire before he got there. Both great talent developers with major coaching flaws. Marvin should be a GM. Garretts the perfect OC where he can focus on developing players his strength same as Marvin. Its the perfect comparison.

7 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

So did Marvin. Cincy was a historic tire-fire before he got there. Both great talent developers with major coaching flaws. Marvin should be a GM. Garretts the perfect OC where he can focus on developing players his strength same as Marvin. Its the perfect comparison.

Damn, when you paint it like this, its pretty accurate. I dont think Garrett should be an OC - - but for his skill in setting the tone for us, he is a top 5 dude. His time has probably run its course though.

• 2 weeks later...

Their is such a huge list of guys that if you are looking for a new coach this year you are in luck because theirs so many solid to quality ones to choose from.  

Who does everyone think Atlanta ends up with or who do you think would be our best choice if you were running the team based on how it's built so far and what you would want to do with it.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Im not sure how i feel about that honestly.  I could see it happening but it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

I'm just looking at the candidates and guessing. I have no idea what Atlanta will do. Usually teams go opposite of the guy they fired. Stefanski would be very solid as well.