AFC East is going to be the most exciting division, soon

Activated10

Next team to take the reign of the AFC East  

38 members have voted

1. 1. If Patriots decline, which team do you like the most to take their place for the next 5 years

• Buffalo Bills (QB Josh Allen, HC Sean McDermott & GM Brandon Beane)
    • New York Jets (QB Sam Darnold, HC Adam Gase & GM Mike Maccagnan)
    • Miami Dolphins (QB Josh Rosen/Favorite QB from 2020 Draft, HC Brian Flores & GM Chris Grier)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2019 at 05:47 AM

I love that the AFC East has 3 of the top 4 QBs from the same draft in the same division, that alone is going create a lot of headlines. Also like the direction that Bills, Jets and Dolphins are building.

Bills

Still not sold on Josh Allen yet but he proved me wrong in his rookie season, especially his rushing numbers. I knew he was athletic but wow, his agility is underrated. Brandon Beane is top 10 GM and McDermott is one of the best Defensive coaches in the game. Oliver at DLine, Edmunds at LB and White at CB is a great core to build your defense around. Liked their draft and free agency should be making noise for the future

Jets

Unlike some Jets fans, I liked the hire of Adam Gase. He was the Sean McVay before Sean McVay as he was the hot young up and coming OC back when Miami hired him. Obviously things didn't work in Miami but I think he has learned from that experienced of not being such a hard *** on players and learn how to accept different players personality. Peyton Manning loved Adam Gase and I think Gase provides good offensive schemes. Jets still need pass rushers but their interior with Williams brothers is going to be nasty. Only issue is the Jets GM but his recent drafts have improved from his early ones so there is hope. I love Darnold and he's somwhere between #3-5 Best Young QBs in the NFL. (List of QBs drafted between 2015-18, no rookies. Will be posted right before NFL Season starts and would like you to post your list as well!) Jets finally have franchise QB imo and the HC to maximize his talents. Should be fun season for Jets fans.

Dolphins

I love how the Dolphins are rebuilding this team. Their taking the Browns, Late 80s Cowboys and 76ers approaching of building this team. Tear it all down by trading vets, gain a lot of draft picks and play the young players to see who you can build around in the long term. I loved their hire of Brian Flores, even though Belichick coaching tree looks terrible, Flores seems different from the rest as he doesn't seem like hard *** like Patricia and McDaniels and has balanced of gaining respect of players by being true to himself and being honest with the players and still installing disciplinary to the team. I liked Chris Drier first draft as I think Christian Wilkins is going to be a monster and has every chance to be as good as Oliver and Q Williams. I'm a fan of Josh Rosen and he's currently #8 in my Best Young QBs in the NFL and I see him having similar career as a Matt Ryan, so def think he can be franchise QB and given the chance, will be a franchise QB. Out of all the teams in the division, excited for Miami the most because like I said earlier, their taking the Trust The Proccess approach and excited to see how it turns out for next few years.

After the Patriots been dominating this division for 2 decades, I believe next decade they'll finally have a legit challenges year in and year out for the division. Just because I only focused on the other 3 teams in division, doesn't mean I think Patriots are going to fall off. Even after Brady retires, I trust Krafts and Belichick to maintain and keep this organization competitive. Cause of that, I believe this is going to be the most entertaining divison for the next few years.

• Like 1

Hopefully Brady AND Belichick retire in another 2 years. 

I'd like to see what each team puts on the field but I see it shaping up as such in two years:

1. Buffalo - I really like how they're constructing their team and building around Josh Allen. Adding Ed Oliver only boosts their chances.

2. Miami -  I honestly don't know. I'm not buying into the new coach hype, Flores didn't do anything wrong but I'm not going to get my hopes up, anymore. Prove it on the field. 

3. NYJ -  Gase as a OC is good but Gase as a HC....not so good. 

The last two times the Dolphins made the playoffs (2008 and 2016) the previous season they had just fired the coach and hired a new guy. They hired a new guy a few months ago, so it's Miami in the next wildcard game. ;)

Cool to see so many young QB's from the 2018 draft in the AFC East. Though you gotta give the short-term advantage to Buffalo's Allen because Darnold and Rosen are both starting from square one again by learning a new offense for 2019. 

I still like NE to win the div, but I can see things starting to get tougher for them. it won't be a cakewalk and eventually someone will surpass them. I think the jets and bills are  building a foundation that can lead to them becoming yearly contenders. the progression of Darnold and Allen will be crucial.

Sorry but unless Brady gets Injured or He and Belichick both retire,  there's nothing exciting now or in the future about the AFCE.

Death, Taxes, Patriots winning the AFCE with ease!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 4

I want to believe that Brady will be like other 40+ year old QBs and hit a steep decline.  But until it happens i can't get my hopes up.

But the homer in me believes the Jets are setting up nicely. We still have holes, but we are adding blue chip prospects and signed all pros. I believe Sam Darnold is the best of the young QBs in the division and is gonna take a leap under Gase.  I see our defense as being stingy this season,  our middle is becoming elite especially if Q becomes that dominant force. Hopefully Polite proves to be a steal and gives us edge pressure.  Edge and cb takes us from being a elite defense talent wise.  Since its 2 of the more important positions on defense. 

Hopefully Darnold and Bell take this offense up. 

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I want to believe that Brady will be like other 40+ year old QBs and hit a steep decline.  But until it happens i can't get my hopes up.

But the homer in me believes the Jets are setting up nicely. We still have holes, but we are adding blue chip prospects and signed all pros. I believe Sam Darnold is the best of the young QBs in the division and is gonna take a leap under Gase.  I see our defense as being stingy this season,  our middle is becoming elite especially if Q becomes that dominant force. Hopefully Polite proves to be a steal and gives us edge pressure.  Edge and cb takes us from being a elite defense talent wise.  Since its 2 of the more important positions on defense. 

Hopefully Darnold and Bell take this offense up. 

Do the Jets have competent cornerback play? Skrine is gone so addition by subtraction but other than that?

There's reasons to feel good about all 32 teams in the NFL. But I don't see enough of a critical mass to say the AFC East will get interesting anytime soon.

Buffalo has a solid program. I'd say they're the safest bet of the bunch right now. Well-coached, some ascending guys on defense (Edmunds and Milano, Tre White, Oliver?), OL performs up to or over talent level on a year over basis. The combo of question marks at QB (I'm very bearish on Allen) and the skill positions just limits how good the imagination can see them being. 31st in offensive expected points contributed last season, 30th in points and 30th in yards. A strong defense won't be enough with offense like that.

The Dolphins were right to pull the trigger on a teardown. But the fruit of the effort is really the guys they draft in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Hard to judge their rebuild without seeing more draft picks made. Right now they're in total asset collection mode.

The best bet of the lot to make the playoffs to me is the definitely the Jets. They have the most mature, win-now roster of the group, with a clear potential identity on both sides of the ball (controlling LOS on defense with the 2 Williamses and a filled out front 7, moving the ball with Darnold). But Darnold really needs to take a step forward to make that happen. 29th in offensive expected points, 23rd in points, 29th in yards gained.

I think Miami, when we finally go (you still got a couple of season yet, trigger) will retake their place.

They'll be doing their building work from this season onwards, will likely get a QB better than Darnold and Allen soon, have usually managed to get good linemen and have (IMO) a unique HFA. They're one of those teams with true NFL pedigree - for whatever that's worth and successful past. They do need to sort their drafting out though - too many first round bust in the last 7 or so years.