Sign in to follow this  
Activated10

AFC East is going to be the most exciting division, soon

Next team to take the reign of the AFC East  

38 members have voted

1. 1. If Patriots decline, which team do you like the most to take their place for the next 5 years

• Buffalo Bills (QB Josh Allen, HC Sean McDermott & GM Brandon Beane)
    • New York Jets (QB Sam Darnold, HC Adam Gase & GM Mike Maccagnan)
    • Miami Dolphins (QB Josh Rosen/Favorite QB from 2020 Draft, HC Brian Flores & GM Chris Grier)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/04/2019 at 05:47 AM

It's been a DARK 20 years for the Dolphins, Bills and Jets. Don't see it getting too much brighter anytime soon.

The Jets might be interesting this year, personnel-wise. Assuming Gase didn't just permanently piss off Bell that is..

If even 2 of the young QB's pan out as above average to elite, yes. That said, Allen is still raw, Darnold is young and shows flashes (still raw) but is lacking some help around him on the offensive side (I know they have Le'Veon, but still), and Rosen to Miami IMO was a great value trade for the Dolphins. Any of those 3 teams could go either way.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:39 AM, freak_of_nature said:

My prediction for 2019 is that Allen takes the next step and BUF wins the division this season.

7yefk3t.gif

In fairness, the OP was correct. This division became very exciting in the last 30 hour. 

It doesn't seem fair that 3 of the 4 AFCE teams now have rookie QBs from the 2018 draft. The Patriots should trade Jamie Collins and a 3rd to the Browns for Mayfield.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It doesn't seem fair that 3 of the 4 AFCE teams now have rookie QBs from the 2018 draft. The Patriots should trade Jamie Collins and a 3rd to the Browns for Mayfield.

Don’t feel too bad. In four seasons, none of the teams will have a QB from the 2018 draft. 

Of the QBs, I like Darnold the best and Allen the least, but that's not to say I dislike Allen. If Allen can progress and become a legit franchise QB, then I think the Bills could end up being a pretty damn good team in the future with their defense. But really, it mainly depends on which of those QBs develop the most.

What are you talking about, it's exciting every year

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

What are you talking about, it's exciting every year

Yeah, for Patriots fans loll

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Don’t feel too bad. In four seasons, none of the teams will have a QB from the 2018 draft. 

I hope you don't seriously believe. It's fine if you weren't a fan of 2018 QB class, but to say none of the 3 will pan out is kind of ridiculous. Not saying either will be an elite QB like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc but damn, one of them should be top 10 QB in the league.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Of the QBs, I like Darnold the best and Allen the least, but that's not to say I dislike Allen. If Allen can progress and become a legit franchise QB, then I think the Bills could end up being a pretty damn good team in the future with their defense. But really, it mainly depends on which of those QBs develop the most.

Not just QBs though, it's which franchise is the most stable. From 3 QBs, I like Darnold the most but I got Jets as the least stable franchise by far which could hurt Darnold development. 

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

tenor.png

Yes it is, these teams got promising futures and young QBs that have chance to be franchise QBs going up against one of the greatest QBs of all time that has dominated the division. It's great

On 5/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, 24isthelaw said:

There's reasons to feel good about all 32 teams in the NFL. But I don't see enough of a critical mass to say the AFC East will get interesting anytime soon.

Buffalo has a solid program. I'd say they're the safest bet of the bunch right now. Well-coached, some ascending guys on defense (Edmunds and Milano, Tre White, Oliver?), OL performs up to or over talent level on a year over basis. The combo of question marks at QB (I'm very bearish on Allen) and the skill positions just limits how good the imagination can see them being. 31st in offensive expected points contributed last season, 30th in points and 30th in yards. A strong defense won't be enough with offense like that.

The Dolphins were right to pull the trigger on a teardown. But the fruit of the effort is really the guys they draft in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Hard to judge their rebuild without seeing more draft picks made. Right now they're in total asset collection mode.

The best bet of the lot to make the playoffs to me is the definitely the Jets. They have the most mature, win-now roster of the group, with a clear potential identity on both sides of the ball (controlling LOS on defense with the 2 Williamses and a filled out front 7, moving the ball with Darnold). But Darnold really needs to take a step forward to make that happen. 29th in offensive expected points, 23rd in points, 29th in yards gained.

Yeah our offense definitely sucked. Our OLinr was terrible. But we signed 6 olinemen (Long, Nsekhe, Waddle, Morse, Spain and Felciano) and of course we drafted Cody Ford in round 2. On paper our offensive line looks so much better. Allen may finally get some time and not have to carry the team on his back and run all the time. The linemen we added are so versatile I think we should be able to find one combination that works. Right now I'm thinking

LT: Dion Dawkins

LG: Quinton Spain

C: Mitch Morse

RG: Spencer Long

RT: Cody Ford

So now the question comes down to playmakers. I love what we did on TE. Kroft is obviously solid when healthy but for a first time in a long time I feel that we have depth at TE. Drafting Knox in the 3rd and adding a elite blocking TE in Lee Smith. 

WR seems we have a bunch of #2 and #3 WRs but no true #1. And that is our biggest weakness at this point. We added John Brown and Cole Beasley. Both are very solid additions that should help Josh. Gives him a slot guy and with Joshs deep ball he will love John Brown big play ability. I think our offense comes down to Zay Jones and Robert Foster. Zay looks like a #1 WR at times and then there are games where you don't even realize he is on the field.  You needs to be more consistent. I think the best receiver on the team though is Robert Foster. He was added as an UDFA after not living up to hype in Alabama. Comes to Buffalo and completely sucked. He managed to make the team because of Daboll being OC. But was soon cut. Then something clicked with him we signed him again due to injuries and cutting Holmes and Benjamin. He came back and looked like a completely different receiver. With his speed and Josh's arm that had instant chemistry and only made big plays. He averaged 20 yards a reception. If he can continue what he did at the end of last year and with our new OLine... Look out. There will be plenty of big plays between Foster and Brown.

Obviously we have a top 5 defense and its only getting better with Oliver. We could still use a stud pass rusher but we have 4-5 solid DEs that should be fine.

22 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

LG: Quinton Spain

C: Mitch Morse

RG: Spencer Long

Decent interior, that.