Bilal Nichols is working to add strength this offseason

soulman

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

This post insinuates that Goldman takes plays off. What I think happened was he developed a pass rush arsenal of moves and unleashed them on the league in December

No, I'm not saying Eddie takes plays off at all.  I'm saying that something clicked last year (after he was paid mind you) and he just turned it up a notch or 3.  It just pops off the film how much better he is than the guy across the LOS.  Some of that could be the development of RRH, and arrival of Nichols, but while he was always very good, after that switch was flipped it was hard to find a guy on tape as dominant not named Khalil Mack. Seriously go watch what he does to 2 of the best 3 OCs in the game today in Sullivan and Kelce and how hard they had to fight to keep Eddie from wrecking the play everytime. 

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Idc what Eddie weighs, he figured out in the 2nd half last year that hes the biggest baddest man on the field and decided to play like it.  I feel bad for any center who has to block him head up, it's completely unfair.  Go back and watch the Rams game on and Eddie looks unstoppable.  Once again I say not enough credit can be given to Jay Rodgers who we are going to lose to a DC gig sooner or later.

I don't think it matters all that much either other than the Bears assigning him an ideal weight and him responding to that.

All I know is 320lbs is how he's been listed since his rookie year but at his Combine weigh in he was 336lbs.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/eddie-goldman?id=2552489

13 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, I'm not saying Eddie takes plays off at all.  I'm saying that something clicked last year (after he was paid mind you) and he just turned it up a notch or 3.  It just pops off the film how much better he is than the guy across the LOS.  Some of that could be the development of RRH, and arrival of Nichols, but while he was always very good, after that switch was flipped it was hard to find a guy on tape as dominant not named Khalil Mack. Seriously go watch what he does to 2 of the best 3 OCs in the game today in Sullivan and Kelce and how hard they had to fight to keep Eddie from wrecking the play everytime. 

I see now. I gotcha. I 100% agree.

The "and decided to play like it" came off as "he finally decided to play hard."

Edited by beardown3231

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I see now. I gotcha. I 100% agree.

The "and decided to play like it" came off as "he finally decided to play hard."

If you remember Eddie couldn't stay healthy early in his career.  But when healthy he was always good.  Better now though.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If you remember Eddie couldn't stay healthy early in his career.  But when healthy he was always good.  Better now though.  

Seems like a lot of rookie lose time to injuries earlier in their careers as they learn better techniques and how to better condition themselves for NFL play.  Even one offseason of NFL nutrition and conditioning work makes a huge difference.

And as for your posted weight in HS anyone who can't see a visual difference in a 17 year old who goes 175 vs 220 ain't too sharp IMHO.  ;)

Now it's possible that Goldman could hide an extra 10-20 lbs being 6'4" and a fully grown man but I do recall him saying that when he arrived as a rookie weighing around 340lbs he was asked to drop some weight and he says he has.  No matter what he weighs now I'm betting he's far more solid and NFL conditioned than he was as a rookie so I really don't care about his weight unless it impacts his performance.

Edited by soulman

17 hours ago, soulman said:

Seems like a lot of rookie lose time to injuries earlier in their careers as they learn better techniques and how to better condition themselves for NFL play.  Even one offseason of NFL nutrition and conditioning work makes a huge difference.

And as for your posted weight in HS anyone who can't see a visual difference in a 17 year old who goes 175 vs 220 ain't too sharp IMHO.  ;)

Now it's possible that Goldman could hide an extra 10-20 lbs being 6'4" and a fully grown man but I do recall him saying that when he arrived as a rookie weighing around 340lbs he was asked to drop some weight and he says he has.  No matter what he weighs now I'm betting he's far more solid and NFL conditioned than he was as a rookie so I really don't care about his weight unless it impacts his performance.

Actually i was about 6'2 and had a neck roll and these big forearm and elbow pads.  I looked big in equipment thanks to the pads. I played line too. Probably why they listed my weight so high.

I was only 16 as a senior.  So i havent gained a ton of weight.  Lest some of you are thinking I got really fat.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Actually i was about 6'2 and had a neck roll and these big forearm and elbow pads.  I looked big in equipment thanks to the pads. I played line too. Probably why they listed my weight so high.

I was only 16 as a senior.  So i havent gained a ton of weight.  Lest some of you are thinking I got really fat.  

So.....you weighed 220lbs in pads huh? ;)

A skinny butt and legs are always a dead give away though.  Can't hid those with pads.  :D

22 hours ago, soulman said:

anyone who can't see a visual difference in a 17 year old who goes 175 vs 220 ain't too sharp IMHO.  ;)

Says the guy who thinks Goldman is 320. 

LOL. Just kidding. But point is never trust team listed weights.