Redskins Cuts

turtle28

Just now, RSkinGM said:

He's still on the PUP so we don't have to make a move for what? 6 weeks ?

He cannot practice or be active with the team for six weeks. After that, the Redskins have 3 weeks to activate him. If they activate him, someone gets bumped. If they don't activate him by week 10, he automatically moves to the IR list (and I suspect he would be ineligible for recall as well, even if we had that tag available ... but I don't know that for a fact(*)).

(*) Yes, it is possible they could have him on IR after week 10 and still be activated (there are two designated tags now instead of one). Of course, they'd have to be in the Super Bowl. But it could happen!

Anyone who's listened to the radio lately realizes that Doctson being healthy and reliable to start is no sure thing. I'm not saying that Grant is going to hold that position over Doctson long or at all but there have been rumblings he may start week 1 over Doctson. I can't imagine he'd play much over Doctson tough even if Grant did start the game.

If Doctson isn't starting week 1, I would hope they'd go 2 TE w/ Pryor & Crowder at WR instead of starting Grant but everyone should be ready for that possibility because given what Gruden has said, I think it's real. 

Archived