Veterans on the Move?

MOSteelers56

With the reports of Kyle Rudolph potentially getting traded, it got me thinking about vets that could be on the move during camp. Any players on your team that you think could fit into this category? 

For the Steelers, I'm not really sure we have a lot candidates. Artie Burns could be headed out in a Justin Gilbert style move. Maybe some team might give up a late rounder in hopes of reviving his career. 

I think that if any combination of Mack, Avery, or Takitaki look to be the real deal for the Browns, Kirksey's days are numbered. He got PAID a few years ago and has been riddled with injuries ever since. That may mean a "surprise" camp cut.

I still think that Duke Johnson will get dealt to someone/at some point in the offseason, albeit probably not for a great return. He has value as a receiving back both in the slot and out of the backfield, but with Chubb and Hunt coming in halfway through the season, I think he's gone. Granted, they need an insurance policy for Chubb while Hunt is suspended, but if L.J. Scott works out in this role, Duke is gone IMO.

• Like 1

I could see a potential Mike Daniels trade from Green Bay, he doesn't fit Pettines system as well as he did Dom Capers and is in the final year of his contract. With them drafting Keke/Gary and signing Smith in FA on paper they could handle that trade. Although, his leadership presence may keep him around until that contract runs out.

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I could see a potential Mike Daniels trade from Green Bay, he doesn't fit Pettines system as well as he did Dom Capers and is in the final year of his contract. With them drafting Keke/Gary and signing Smith in FA on paper they could handle that trade. Although, his leadership presence may keep him around until that contract runs out.

Is Daniels more of a 4-3 player? I don't watch much of the Pack. He looks pretty short and stout.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think that if any combination of Mack, Avery, or Takitaki look to be the real deal for the Browns, Kirksey's days are numbered. He got PAID a few years ago and has been riddled with injuries ever since. That may mean a "surprise" camp cut.

He got paid in May of 2017 and played every snap on defense that season. He did go on IR last year with a hamstring injury but never missed a game in his career (2014) prior to last season.

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Is Daniels more of a 4-3 player? I don't watch much of the Pack. He looks pretty short and stout.

fits better as a 4-3 DT based on body type. But he's a pitbull with a wrastling background, so he does well despite is height. in some cases it helps him get under the OL pads. But he's not going anywhere imo because he's worth more to GB than the 4th-5th they'd get back for a guy in the last year of his deal

Chris Harris is the obvious name from the Broncos. He's a great player but we don't have the money to pay him what he's asking for (top end CB money).

You could make an argument that he signed the worst deal a player has signed in the last 10 years by agreeing to a 5 year, $42.5m extension in December 2014 when he was due to become a free agent in 2015. That Summer, Byron Maxwell signed a 6 year $60m deal. He's never been in the same stratosphere as Chris Harris as a player.

As a result, Harris is still locked in for another year on a very team friendly amount of $8.7m - the 25th highest paid CB in the league ........ That's going to be difficult for Elway to walk away from without healthy compensation. 

Ron Leary will likely be gone too, but cut rather than traded. Nobody is taking on that contract.