Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan / Adam Gase will be acting interm GM

49erurtaza

Such weird timing, that whole rookie class was just selected and the next guy could waltz in and clean it right out. GMs hate having the previous guy's players around. 

Don't see how Jeremiah could be a fit for a historically unstable franchise. Hes got no ties there. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I read something where Gase refused to talk to any of the draft picks on the phone, he was the only HC not to do so, and the GM didn’t take a liking to it.

Gase may have been the mistake here. 

Is that to say that he wasn't calling them when they were picked?

Or that he didn't call them during the portions of the draft days the draft wasn't on the clock, or even the days after the draft was complete?

If it was at each draft selection... Yes that would have been nice for the players. But I don't see anything wrong with giving your full attention to the draft you are still very much involved in. Sending out feelers, entertaining contingencies for moves to make or not make, etc... People can always call later when they aren't [beautiful metaphor here].

If it was that he never made any attempt to reach them after the draft was complete, then I think that would be terrible. It's good to feel a valued addition to a team.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Giants CEO John K. Mara: I can’t think of a worse offseason PR-wise after the OBJ trade / Daniel Jones 1.6 controversy.  

Jets owner Christopher Johnson:  Hold my beer.  

This has me on the floor. Lmao.

1. Macc is a bad GM, his draft record is abysmal

2. Firing him isn’t the problem. He should have been fired in January of 2019 but I’d rather fire him in May 2019 than January 2020.

3. New GM will come in and build his staff and start preparing now rather than scrambling in 3 months. 

This is fine for me. I’m hoping on Douglas from Philly. 

• Like 1