Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan / Adam Gase will be acting interm GM

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

gases first move and it’s terrible  

Trading away Darron Lee - who is, by all accounts, a bust - is a terrible move? 

The more you talk, the more I'm convinced you don't watch sports.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Trading away Darron Lee - who is, by all accounts, a bust - is a terrible move? 

The more you talk, the more I'm convinced you don't watch sports.

A 2020 6th is worse than letting him walk at the end of the season and seeing what you can get for a comp pick. And yeah he’s a bust but he’s still useful as a coverage safety. 

Nice to meet a fan. 

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A 2020 6th is worse than letting him walk at the end of the season and seeing what you can get for a comp pick. And yeah he’s a bust but he’s still useful as a coverage safety. 

Nice to meet a fan. 

Do you honestly think that Darron Lee is going to sign some mega deal that will yield a 3rd round comp pick? Or even a moderate deal that'll turn into a 4th round pick? 5th round pick?

Lee might yield a 6th round comp pick at most after signing a cheap one year deal - a pick that would come after the KC pick. 

Trying to say otherwise is really not understanding how bad Lee was.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Giants CEO John K. Mara: I can’t think of a worse offseason PR-wise after the OBJ trade / Daniel Jones 1.6 controversy.  

Jets owner Christopher Johnson:  Hold my beer.  

If Woody is going to come in 1st on anything it's going to be dysfunction gosh darnit. 

I’ll chime in again

Macc should have been fired in January but it’s done and over. It’s still better to can him now rather than next offseason when we have to rush everything. 

Get Joe Douglas now, let him begin building his staff and work towards our 2020 offseason. 

As for the Lee Trade, it was already being negotiated. Lee wasn’t going to get us much of anything in terms of comp picks. This is the best we could have done.

14 hours ago, pwny said:

All New York teams across the board having a really rough month. 

Injury-wise the NYY have been having more than a rough month. Record-wise - not quite as bad. Just taking it nine innings at a time......
It's going to be interesting to see the character/talent changes this roster is going to undergo when & if they ever get the proposed starters back healthy.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't think it is that bad as everyone says. Parcells said it best. "If you want me to cook let me do the grocery shopping." Let Gase do his thing and see what happens. All most all the great coaches have tanked their first job as a HC. Trading Lee for a 6th round pick is not that big of a deal. Lee is HIGHLY over rated. He had a good stretch but got caught with PED. He is a depth guy nothing more. That 6th round pick and be packaged and move up. Give the guy a chance, He has some great players. Gase said he would not pay these guys that much money, so what. He is basically saying you better perform or else. I like this attitude. This is outside the box thinking and I'm okay with it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't think it is that bad as everyone says. Parcells said it best. "If you want me to cook let me do the grocery shopping." Let Gase do his thing and see what happens. All most all the great coaches have tanked their first job as a HC. Trading Lee for a 6th round pick is not that big of a deal. Lee is HIGHLY over rated. He had a good stretch but got caught with PED. He is a depth guy nothing more. That 6th round pick and be packaged and move up. Give the guy a chance, He has some great players. Gase said he would not pay these guys that much money, so what. He is basically saying you better perform or else. I like this attitude. This is outside the box thinking and I'm okay with it. 

Adam Gase has failed everywhere he's been without Peyton.

Edited by Elky

13 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Where did he ever have talent without Peyton? 

A coach's job is to bring out talent. To consistently be at the bottom without Peyton is an indictment against Gase not his players.