Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

12 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What great and respected football mind is currently available that our owners should be willing to give ultimate power to?

A guy like Peyton Manning would not be a bad choice. 

The issue we have is Gase is already in place.  So whomever that would be needs to be confident in Gase as the HC.  Manning clearly is since he called CJ to recommend the hiring.  Bring in him to head the football operations and a GM to be in charge of scouting, draft and contracts. The Manning position would be like a CEO. 

But it is clear both Johnson's are not good at the football side or even hiring someone on the football side.  Again I am not talking about a GM talking about what CJ actually said.  A manager and someone who has a vision / strategic mind.  They would lead the GM and HC and ensure they both stay on the path set for by the "CEO"

BTW it is not ultimate power as that position would be accountable to ownership.  It is just being a smart business person to have someone who has expertise in something you don't lead that division.  Ownership needs to be on board with the strategic vision and plan of course.

Edited by JetsFan15

This Peyton Manning as GM talk is laughable. It is not happening. Just idiot best writers stirring the pot because they are mad at the Jets and want to keep up the circus rhetoric. Let’s talk about actual candidates. 

Personal opinion, hire a President of football operations...then a GM. Let the President oversee the whole operation and let the GM control personnel and the HC, ya know like a legit professional franchise. We won’t do it, but it’s the right move.

• Like 2

There's absolutely no link to us and Peyton. Some writers made it up and every where I have read it has been shot down. So its really not an option and not worth digging into. We should really just be concentrating on Douglas. Bc that's a legit real option for us.

16 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything about interviews or interview requests. Makes me wonder if the Jets are conducting their search behind the scenes and we won't really know until an announcement is made. 

You didn't know?  Gase fired those reporters.

Interviewing quietly as possible may be due to a few of them are likely still with their respective teams according to contracts. I dunno.

I do think its pretty stupid for us as a franchise let Gase make roster decisions. Ya these guys he's moving on from are not crucial players and might have gotten cut or traded anyway. But it should be his call when this job he's in hopefully is short lived. He should be making roster decisions. There's no reason these moves couldn't have waited for anew GM. Also Gase hasn't even seen these guys play. And he's making decisions on them in May. These roster moves can wait. I hope he's done cutting and trading anybody until a GM is brought in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think its pretty stupid for us as a franchise let Gase make roster decisions. Ya these guys he's moving on from are not crucial players and might have gotten cut or traded anyway. But it should be his call when this job he's in hopefully is short lived. He should be making roster decisions. There's no reason these moves couldn't have waited for anew GM. Also Gase hasn't even seen these guys play. And he's making decisions on them in May. These roster moves can wait. I hope he's done cutting and trading anybody until a GM is brought in.

OTAs started this week so it did give the new guys a chance to join the team now rather than later.

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Joe and Evan need to stop talking about the Jets. They are literally embarrassing themselves. 

They’re both clowns. Either it’s for entertainment and I’ll allow it or they’re just so damn clueless that’s it’s embarrassing as you say. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

They’re both clowns. Either it’s for entertainment and I’ll allow it or they’re just so damn clueless that’s it’s embarrassing as you say. 

No they’re honestly just clueless. It’s the worst radio you can listen to right now.