Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

15 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Although I agree, did it really take CJ this long to realize Mac wasn’t that guy? Sounds like either BS or CJ is clueless. Probably both

There’s a possibility it’s neither. 

CJ is new at this, it’s not always black and white. 

I think this past offseason he was more hands on and then came draft day and he saw more things he didn’t like and pulled the plug. Was he too late? Yes but at least he didn’t stand pat when a change needed to be made.

Look at the detail in which he describes what kind of GM he wants in the building. 

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Whether it is Christopher Johnson or Woody Johnson, either one of these a-holes needs to simply put a General Manager or President of Football Operations in place who hires a HC or in this scenario likes Adam Gase and then stay the $&#%!!! out of the way! Until that happens, Jets will continue to be a circus. The biggest problem this franchise has is the organizational and power structure. The media honestly needs to hammer away at this and challenge CJ to give an example of how this power structure has ever historically lead to success anywhere.   Why would a GM honestly want to come here? Experience? In a situation where you are handcuffed by the idiot owner. You may never get another opportunity to be a GM ever again after inevitably failing here. If I am Joe Douglas or whoever they want to hire I would demand a change in structure or I would rather stay out where I am. Being the Jets GM where both yourself and the HC equally report to CJ is honestly a joke of a job. I’d stay in Philly and continue to be a hot candidate for a much better situation. Jets are literally on the verge of explosion. 

The power structure isn’t the issue. It’s the guys involved in it. 

It can’t be an arranged marriage, they have to want to work together to make this thing happen they way it needs to. 

Gase wangs to focus on the offense, we know this. That’s why he wanted Williams(who has a wealth of experience) as his DC. 

Check. 

Douglas would have control of the roster structure and he fits the mold of what CJ seems to want and has worked with Gase. 

I watched a few interviews of his and listening to Eagles fans sweat over losing him and I’m sure the arrangement will be a natural fit. 

Let the GM bring in the talent, let the coach develop it and let them decide who stays and who goes. But it has to be a joint effort with multiple minds who bring different perspectives to the table. 

Im one for calling a spade a spade. Gase clearly has issues with getting along with people. And I see this being a huge factor here as well. And it already has. And it’s very worrisome for our organization. Bc he has control over our prized possession in Darnold. I honestly think he has no clue about the financial side of the game and should stay out if it. He shouldn’t even have a say so in money for guys like Bell or Mosley. That’s not his job. And if he understood that side of the game, he’d have known we had a crazy amount of cap space to spend and it had to go somewhere. And we came out with the 2 best FAs out there. He’d also know that we draft awful so we don’t owe any of our own big money to need that cap space in coming years. Gase said he needed to change and already it appears he hasn’t. And I don’t see that changing. I see a bad ending for this unless the man does a 180 from who he was and is today.

• Like 1

FWIW which @KingOfTheDot pointed out, Douglas is very well respected when it comes to scouting. He’s credited with finding Flacco and a large chunk of reputable Ravens players including some diamonds in the rough. This isn’t Mike Maccagnan getting Casserly’s approval for being a scouting guru without much backup.  He’s a guy who likely would be getting GM interviews next year if the eagles had a decent year and him and Gase should be on the same page which is extremely important.  It seems like over the years, that wasn’t always the case.  In the same respect, we need a GM who isn’t going to be overly-influenced by a coach, so hopefully that won’t become an issue. 

It's crazy how Bowles had to deal with Macc for so long and it took Gase 5 months to get Macc out. Bowles got ripped up on here because a lot of people believed he didn't know what he was doing with hackenberg until we seen him get cut from Practice squads. Then he had to work with 40yr old Josh McCown until Sam came at age 20. Gase got a pass because he worked with Tannehill and is calling shots for now. I like CJ, but the way he has handled things this offseason was pretty bad. Shouldn't let someone you barely trust to control the #3 pick and $100M+ cap space. Probably would have picked up someone who saw the center position as a priority. 

Instead of picking when everyone is available, now we're trying to find a great GM out of the people that were left behind by other teams. But I won't keep going with this. I'm moving forward. I don't care about picking a GM who is close with Gase, I want the GM who can draft better and not be controlled. 

Edited by rickyt31

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Im one for calling a spade a spade. Gase clearly has issues with getting along with people. And I see this being a huge factor here as well. And it already has. And it’s very worrisome for our organization. Bc he has control over our prized possession in Darnold. I honestly think he has no clue about the financial side of the game and should stay out if it. He shouldn’t even have a say so in money for guys like Bell or Mosley. That’s not his job. And if he understood that side of the game, he’d have known we had a crazy amount of cap space to spend and it had to go somewhere. And we came out with the 2 best FAs out there. He’d also know that we draft awful so we don’t owe any of our own big money to need that cap space in coming years. Gase said he needed to change and already it appears he hasn’t. And I don’t see that changing. I see a bad ending for this unless the man does a 180 from who he was and is today.

I agree on the surface but the coach has to have some sort of input on the players being brought in. 

As far as the money we didn’t have to spend it. The Colts had more and spent less but they’ve drafted well so they didn’t have to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The power structure isn’t the issue. It’s the guys involved in it. 

It can’t be an arranged marriage, they have to want to work together to make this thing happen they way it needs to. 

Gase wangs to focus on the offense, we know this. That’s why he wanted Williams(who has a wealth of experience) as his DC. 

Check. 

Douglas would have control of the roster structure and he fits the mold of what CJ seems to want and has worked with Gase. 

I watched a few interviews of his and listening to Eagles fans sweat over losing him and I’m sure the arrangement will be a natural fit. 

Let the GM bring in the talent, let the coach develop it and let them decide who stays and who goes. But it has to be a joint effort with multiple minds who bring different perspectives to the table. 

The structure is ABSOLUTELY an issue which is why we have the arraigned marriages. These guys are clueless as to how to own a team. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

some people are making this seem like it’s a bad thing but maybe CJ noticed that both Bowles and Gase had similar issues with Macc and he finally realized Macc was not the man for the job.

CJ is clearly inexperienced in NFL world.  That is unfortunate.   I heard Gase will aid him to search for new GM.   That is a risk move for inexperienced like CJ.  Gase may be in full control of Jets' destiny if CJ continues missing something important.

The result is what most of us wanted Bowles and Macc are gone. So be it with the timing. What matters now is who's in charge. Gase needs to get along with people. Period. If he cant, he has to go. And obviously I cant comment on the GM, bc we don't have one yet. Douglas IMO would be a great move.

• Like 1

I am fine with Jets' power structure but like Exkill said CJ must find someone who has wealthy experience of NFL world to count on.  CJ? Inexperienced.  Macc? Pretender  Bowles? Only handling a half of team.  Gase? His "In Charge" resume is unimpressive.  All combination make Jets look terrible.

Simple Agenda for Jets.

1. Find a veteran NFL mind dude.

2. Move the absolute power point from CJ to that dude. That dude answers only to CJ.