Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Adding Pioli to my list with Douglas + Champ. Pioli's timing to step down makes me think he has a good chance for the job. 

The good news is that we're still a good team to come to. $30M+ in cap space next offseason even with the big deals we just added, 8 picks, and a 22-year-old franchise QB next offseason. So I don't think we will have an issue pulling interest from who's out there.   

It sure looks like we are going in the right direction, it has been a long time since we have been in this kind of shape, Can't comment on any of the GM"s that might be the new Jets GM, I have no idea who any of the people on our GM list are. If any of them can play center that is a different story.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Adding Pioli to my list with Douglas + Champ. Pioli's timing to step down makes me think he has a good chance for the job. 

The good news is that we're still a good team to come to. $30M+ in cap space next offseason even with the big deals we just added, 8 picks, and a 22-year-old franchise QB next offseason. So I don't think we will have an issue pulling interest from who's out there.   

He was here during the Parcells years and grew up an hour or 2 away so he might want to come home

I think it is a Pioli and Douglas combo. Douglas becomes GM and Pioli becomes player personnel. The timing is just to perfect to set this up. I even think Gase asked about trading Lee before he pulled the trigger with Douglas because his contract expired days ago. I'm starting  to feel better about this and the outside the box thinking is not always bad. 

• Like 1

Adam "Crazy Ivan" Gase was upset Maccagnan did not sign DANIEL FELLS.  A person who may never walk right again much less play football.    OMG!!!!!!   This explains Maccagnan drafting Trevon Wesco.     

Edited by famousj

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think it is a Pioli and Douglas combo. Douglas becomes GM and Pioli becomes player personnel. The timing is just to perfect to set this up. I even think Gase asked about trading Lee before he pulled the trigger with Douglas because his contract expired days ago. I'm starting  to feel better about this and the outside the box thinking is not always bad. 

I am fine with this.   WHATEVER.   What do we have to lose at this point.    Only the future of Sam Darnold is at stake here.   Sam Darnold is thinking "Four more years".

Clayton is just stirring crap up. No way do we trade our already best player. In fact if we traded Bell... the whole FO should get fired. Might go down as the worst offseason ever to pay one of the best FAs in recent years and trade him before taking a snap for likely a mid round pick.

Wasn’t it report Gase and Bell talked today and it was positive and both moving forward? The media is the real circus. They  are trying to create a narrative they may not even exist. If we were to trade Bell however, expect that stadium to be empty and for this entire thing to crumble. I don’t see it.