Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

Interesting,  Manning did work with Gase, in Denver. I don't see why it would not work, we could do a lot worst. I think we should thank Trump, for sending Woody Johnaon, to London.  Looks like I was wrong about Chris Johnson, the man has balls.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Jets may trade Le'veon Bell before the season begins.  That isn't going to happen for sure. Salary cap isn't permitted.  However, next off season, it is possible.   Could pick up 3rd round or 4th round for just moving 13m guaranteed amount. Maybe Jets split those 13m to get better draft position. Whatever of those 13m will add to 6m dead money as cap hit for next year.  Bell better plays well this season otherwise Jets will have to wait until after 2020 to cut him.

I have a feeling that Douglas turned the Jets down and now are stuck. The Manning thing is just for headlines, I'm so tired of teams fighting for headlines. I remember rumors that Brett Favre might be the OC. The best thing for the Jets is to stay out of the headlines and focus on winning games not in the media. I know I'm in the minority here but i like Gase. He is a no nonsense guy that makes a decision and sticks with it. Mac had his chance and would not make a decision. Gase knows what he wants and goes after it. I think John Sullivan will be the starting center by week 1. He seems like a vet to add to the line that is average and can help with the communication on the line too. There are some options out there still and the June 1 cuts are coming too. If we end up with no true center I hope we move Winters there because he has played center before and move Shell inside and let the Rookie play RT. 

23 hours ago, Rich51 said:

He was here during the Parcells years and grew up an hour or 2 away so he might want to come home

Just feels like the right fit. As long as he doesn't become a "Yes Man" to Gase and can scout better, he's my guy. We're not far from being a good team. But we have to make sure we at least find a solid center this offseason. Age doesn't matter, just need someone that won't get Sam killed and fumble snaps all year. 

24 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have a feeling that Douglas turned the Jets down and now are stuck. The Manning thing is just for headlines, I'm so tired of teams fighting for headlines. I remember rumors that Brett Favre might be the OC. The best thing for the Jets is to stay out of the headlines and focus on winning games not in the media. I know I'm in the minority here but i like Gase. He is a no nonsense guy that makes a decision and sticks with it. Mac had his chance and would not make a decision. Gase knows what he wants and goes after it. I think John Sullivan will be the starting center by week 1. He seems like a vet to add to the line that is average and can help with the communication on the line too. There are some options out there still and the June 1 cuts are coming too. If we end up with no true center I hope we move Winters there because he has played center before and move Shell inside and let the Rookie play RT. 

I thought he eyed for retirement but sure.   Sullivan won't earn some praise from pff but the combination of OL he is fittable.    Bringing Shell inside with starting Edoga at RT would work, also.

Option A:  Beachum, Osemele, Sullivan or pickup V, Winters, Shell. 

Option B: Beachum, Osemele, Winters, Shell, Edoga.

I like option B because it surely will improve the pass protection greatly and possibly run blocking if team moves together right.  However, Jets will need extra strength to control blocking due to Bell's style so neither option may work right.  We will see.

Also, a legit blocking TE will be helpful, especially for Bell.  Hence Darren Fells.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Just feels like the right fit. As long as he doesn't become a "Yes Man" to Gase and can scout better, he's my guy. We're not far from being a good team. But we have to make sure we at least find a solid center this offseason. Age doesn't matter, just need someone that won't get Sam killed and fumble snaps all year. 

He may be a better Maccagnan. Still terrible at relationship skill.  Whining or complaining going outbound is the last thing Jets need.

I was sort of thinking through what all this means for guys on the roster bubble. I don't necessarily believe Gase didn't have a voice. There are guys that appear to be acquired because of the coaches. Sounds like Gase wanted Fells as much for his leadership. So, it sounds like he wants to create a strong locker room.

Guys that are on the bubble that I could see sticking because they seem to have been vetted by coaches from past experience: Bellamy WR, Brown TE, Compton iOL. 

Guys I could see getting cut now that Macc is gone: Leggett TE, Cannon RB, McGuire RB. 

RB Depth: Bell, Montgomery, Henderson, Holmes

TE Depth: Herndon, Wesco, Brown, Sterling

Clearly the coaches don't believe Harrison is a starter and that was all Macc. I could see the Jets picking up a spring cut at C. Still may mean Harrison starts though.