Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

Cutting McGuire?  giphy.gif

I can expect Jets will make a bunch of moves after June 1st.  Picking up a several veterans to blend in.  Shipping youngsters for late or conditional picks. 

Anyway,  I try to find information about George Paton's availability.  He was said to readily leave Vikings back in January. Now, I don't know whether or not he stays with Vikings on new contract term.  If he has no contractual obligation then try him to see if he and Gase share the similar ideas.

11 hours ago, Jetfan66 said:

Why are you such a Gase fan? 

Man go somewhere with that fanboy crap. It ain’t about being a fan, Macc gets canned and stories come flying out about Gase. 

Put two and two together, it’s a smear campaign. 

Judge Gase on how prepared THIS team is and if we win games not on some stories from irrational beat writers. And take that fan crap elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I’m cool with The timing and all with firing Macc but man we look like a train wreck

That’s the picture they’re trying to paint but honestly it isn’t even that. Some media members are simply reporting what’s going on and giving non biased thoughts. Again the only common denominator is that Macc should have been fired and CJ even admits that maybe he waited too long. That’s self accountability, something that we haven’t had here.

Edited by KingOfTheDot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Chad Forbes seems to think that Gase might try and gut the roster. I’m ok with him moving on from certain guys if they bring back picks, but we can’t go crazy now. 

Saw the post and TBH I’d be cools with most of the names that were brought up.

55 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Saw the post and TBH I’d be cools with most of the names that were brought up.

Yeah most of that guys would probably bring back late picks anyway but you’re gonna move on from them anyway just get a pick if you can/ 

Keep Shell though until we see how Edoga develops.

Jets desperately need and adult in the room that knows what they are doing. Not a single person at 1 Jets Drive qualifies. I hope this is all speculation but if we are trading starters for 6th rounders, this will be a disaster. I still think its all media BS, but until we get a competent GM, having Gase in control is a suicide mission.

• Like 2

Why must Gase clean up the roster?   Jets have enough veterans to play for victories.  Use them for immediate results and work on youngsters and irrelevant players to meet Gase's style for future.   Remember winning 9 or more games a season will help Gase continue coaching.   Revamping the roster and managing to win less than 6 games will end Gase's goal abruptly.

Just have to sit back and watch. Surprised to see Maye as a potential casualty. But not surprised there are rumors about potential casualties. No doubt in my mind there are guys Gase already wants out or doesn’t see them fitting what the coaches want to do. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Why must Gase clean up the roster?   Jets have enough veterans to play for victories.  Use them for immediate results and work on youngsters and irrelevant players to meet Gase's style for future.   Remember winning 9 or more games a season will help Gase continue coaching.   Revamping the roster and managing to win less than 6 games will end Gase's goal abruptly.

Why must he gut, who knows. But I think he will be trimming this roster a bit. I think he’ll use a scalpel and not a sledgehammer. He just seems like a guy that wants certain players from a scheme fit to how they act in the locker room. Not unlike most coaches. He just comes offs a guy that has a low tolerance for things he doesn’t agree with.

Im a little surprised about Maye and Jenkins. Because they seem like the type of guys Gase would want in the locker room. The guys that are in trouble are guys who are lazy and not all about football. Also guys that don’t fit the coaches scheme.