Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

... I'm of the opinion we keep Leo ... its quite frankly dumb we don't pay our first round picks and retain them even when they're good ... Leo is not an elite top 2-3 DE but he's definitely far above average ... 

Tom Brady is far more effected by pressure up the middle than he is by pressure off the edge ... keeping him and Quinen for this season just makes sense ... even more so going forward ... not like were trading him for clowney or something either ... 

Leo is a lot like Clowney in that both are very good but not the elite players they were projected to be. IMO, Leo is top 10 interior DL, while Clowney is top 10 DE. 

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Are there any rumors about trading Leonard Williams?  For real?   Jets have no intention to move him for anything.  End of story.

As for other players whose contract may expire after this season, I have no problem to move them but Jets need to make logical moves without automatically making 2019 a lost season.  

Regarding Center, I could not find any solid veteran Center that may become a June 1 casualty.  Darn it.    Sam Jones of Broncos and WIll Clapp of Saints may ask too much return if traded.  Nick Easton, Brett Jones, Cameron Tom or a several unheard centers could be a better than nothing target for Gase.

Really, Adam Gase has literally nothing to do to improve the team at last minute.  Let's stick with current roster plus picking up a several helps.

Yeah, there are rumors.  Cimini reported it.

13 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah, there are rumors.  Cimini reported it.

I can’t see CJ signing off on trading Leo. Lee was an easy call since we signed two free agents to play the same position. Last year Mosely played 84% of his team snaps and Williamson played 99%. - there was just no room for Lee, Cashman or Adams can take that additional 15-20% we would use at ILB. Conversely we can actually have a  3man front with Leo, Q, McClendon, and  Anderson getting a lot a snaps.  

14 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I can’t see CJ signing off on trading Leo. Lee was an easy call since we signed two free agents to play the same position. Last year Mosely played 84% of his team snaps and Williamson played 99%. - there was just no room for Lee, Cashman or Adams can take that additional 15-20% we would use at ILB. Conversely we can actually have a  3man front with Leo, Q, McClendon, and  Anderson getting a lot a snaps.  

I guess it depends on how Gregg/Gase views Q.  If they see him more as a 5-tech, they may consider it.  

Moving Leo for anything short of a player like clowney would be very dumb in my opinion 

both aren’t what they were hyped to be but both are very solid players at their position ... short of a trade for a similar talent production player at a position of need trading Leo would be insane ... 

even then I probably wouldn’t like it

Edited by KBS756

This becomes a major problem if Gase is having to re tool the roster at this point to fit “his” needs. If there was really that much disparity between the two during the draft process and this is how Chris Johnson is “fixing” it, then we may as well not watch this team until it’s sold.

That is straight incompetence 

• Like 2

The fact that we have the most important offseason in franchise history and allow it go down like this is juts flat out embarrassing.

It's amazing what smart leadership and a stable front office can do for even the worst run franchises yet just when it looks like we might be getting it right with a new leader all the hope comes crashing down.

I had high hopes for CJ, he said all the right things, was player friendly, and seemed to be hands off and let smart people do their thing.  Then when you have the first real decision to fire Bowles you keep Mac, push for Gase over Mac's first choice Mike McCarthy, and then allow a guy you clearly have little to no trust in build your roster which the HC you just hired doesn't agree with.

I mean these guys run multi million dollar businesses so even if you have zero football knowledge it's laughable the lack of just common sense in ownership.  I mean my God this is laughable really how bad this franchise is run.  

• Like 1

As an organization you cannot let past decisions or indecisions impact your decision making going forward. 

When Pete Carroll went to Seattle he began tooling that roster to his liking. Piece by piece until they found their identity and began competing at a high level and they’re better off for it. 

And before anyone says Pete Carroll is a great coach, well when he got to Seattle he was coming off two poor NFL stints and as some say about Gase “hadn’t done anything”

Gase coached against this team last year and honestly all we did was strengthen strengths this offseason.

We still have clear weaknesses that we failed to address and are an incomplete team but luckily we have a better coaching staff in whole this year to hopefully overachieve.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Ha yeah right I'll believe that when I see it.  Guy is clearly a control freak so I take that with a grain of salt.

Yup. He said the same thing when he was hired and look how that turned out. With that said, the GM should be getting the HC’s opininion. If Macc ignored Gase that’s no bueno. 

I don’t believe what Gase says though. He also said he had no idea Macc was getting let go. And that he and Macc had a good working relationship. Both are clearly lies. 

Called this a couple of pages ago. I think Gase will continue to use a scalpel. Not expecting anything major like a Leo trade. But these roster bubble guys that don’t fit his scheme or have questionable work ethics... those guys might be out soon.

Edited by SDotNova