Jump to content
MikeT14

Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to fire Macc after the offseason and before the season starts. Needless to say I wanted him gone. So I’m glad that happened. Not sure who our options are though.

 

I imagine this decision has to do with Macc not doing several things this organization has wanted. Especially this offseason. I’m sure there was a lot of what ifs that we have no clue about.

Jets gave MM a 2nd chance to work with different HC and it backfired big time.  Dumping MM now should reduce some tensions inside the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

He alone overpowered CJ and Brian Heimerdinger?   I don't think so.

Heimerdinger was just let go too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Douglas is the favorite for the job apparently. Ties to Gase and has been Philadelphia’s VP of player personnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Heimerdinger was just let go too

Holy Moly!   My bad then. lol.

 

Edit..... it becomes clear why Gase is IGM.

Edited by JetsandI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Joe Douglas is the favorite for the job apparently. Ties to Gase and has been Philadelphia’s VP of player personnel.

Yeah, they mentioned this a few weeks back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Joe Douglas is the favorite for the job apparently. Ties to Gase and has been Philadelphia’s VP of player personnel.

Can hire him now?      On second thought, he looks a lot like MM.   yuck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, Where the Hell is Jetskid007?  This news is major and he is not around?  How disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I've always been critical of Macs drafting but this is even worse than I would have thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Wow. I've always been critical of Macs drafting but this is even worse than I would have thought. 

 

Could make it worse if Gase decides to dump a few 2019 draftees.  umm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean nothing to add that hasnt been said. Deserved firing. But after fa and draft? Weird! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Heimerdinger part is really interesting. Either they viewed those two as a tandem or possibly this "power struggle" was a Heimerdinger move that CJ didn't appreciate so he fired them both ala the Browns last year firing both Hue and Haley. Those are my best theories but who knows.

Also hard to ignore the obvious that it's just possible Gase is super power hungry/stubborn and was able to argue his way into getting what he wants. 

Whole thing is weird and a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol damn this team will forever be a mess. I hated Mac. But come on, I’m so sick of the half commitments from these clueless owners we have. They have no idea what their doing. 

We should of fired him with Bowles. We decided not to. Chris Johnson is no better than Woody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

The Heimerdinger part is really interesting. Either they viewed those two as a tandem or possibly this "power struggle" was a Heimerdinger move that CJ didn't appreciate so he fired them both ala the Browns last year firing both Hue and Haley. Those are my best theories but who knows.

Also hard to ignore the obvious that it's just possible Gase is super power hungry/stubborn and was able to argue his way into getting what he wants. 

Whole thing is weird and a mess.

 

Something goes on in players movement.  Both Macc and Heimerdinger were responsible for that.  Gase has been unhappy camper since FA began. Well, give or take.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Lol damn this team will forever be a mess. I hated Mac. But come on, I’m so sick of the half commitments from these clueless owners we have. They have no idea what their doing. 

We should of fired him with Bowles. We decided not to. Chris Johnson is no better than Woody. 

I am sure CJ regrets that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×