Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to fire Macc after the offseason and before the season starts. Needless to say I wanted him gone. So I’m glad that happened. Not sure who our options are though.

I imagine this decision has to do with Macc not doing several things this organization has wanted. Especially this offseason. I’m sure there was a lot of what ifs that we have no clue about.

Jets gave MM a 2nd chance to work with different HC and it backfired big time.  Dumping MM now should reduce some tensions inside the house.

The Heimerdinger part is really interesting. Either they viewed those two as a tandem or possibly this "power struggle" was a Heimerdinger move that CJ didn't appreciate so he fired them both ala the Browns last year firing both Hue and Haley. Those are my best theories but who knows.

Also hard to ignore the obvious that it's just possible Gase is super power hungry/stubborn and was able to argue his way into getting what he wants. 

Whole thing is weird and a mess.

• Like 1

Lol damn this team will forever be a mess. I hated Mac. But come on, I’m so sick of the half commitments from these clueless owners we have. They have no idea what their doing. 

We should of fired him with Bowles. We decided not to. Chris Johnson is no better than Woody. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

The Heimerdinger part is really interesting. Either they viewed those two as a tandem or possibly this "power struggle" was a Heimerdinger move that CJ didn't appreciate so he fired them both ala the Browns last year firing both Hue and Haley. Those are my best theories but who knows.

Also hard to ignore the obvious that it's just possible Gase is super power hungry/stubborn and was able to argue his way into getting what he wants. 

Whole thing is weird and a mess.

Something goes on in players movement.  Both Macc and Heimerdinger were responsible for that.  Gase has been unhappy camper since FA began. Well, give or take.

• Like 1

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Lol damn this team will forever be a mess. I hated Mac. But come on, I’m so sick of the half commitments from these clueless owners we have. They have no idea what their doing. 

We should of fired him with Bowles. We decided not to. Chris Johnson is no better than Woody. 

I am sure CJ regrets that now.