Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

42 minutes ago, xrade said:

My biggest problem with Peyton is that he has never had a front office job nor a coaching position.  Typically this does not work out for the professional sports franchise (Elway, Micheal Jordan, Magic Johnson are names off the top of my head).  The only way to prevent more of this **** show is to hire a good, confidant, strong GM with a willingness to work with the coaching staff and have the HC report to him.  We should NOT hire a GM just to appease Gase.  That has disaster written all over it.

The GM doesn’t have to appease Gase but they need to work in conjunction with one another. We can’t just hire someone who’s anti-Gase to make the fan base of media happy. Hire a guy who can help bring Gase’s vision of the team he thinks he can win with to life while also adding the things Gase may not know he needs. The coaches vision should always come first.

i disagree with some of you. I think Manning would be a great fit and he knows his football. The guy is one of if not the smartest player every to play the game. John Lynch has done a good job and Manning is way above him. Manning will give it his all and he would attract some great talent here because he is so respected in the NFL. If this works out great you have a GM and coach that are both in their early 40's. That means you could have these two and Darnold for the next 15-20 years. You have to think about some of the good stuff coming from this. I don;t think it is bad as people make it out to be. We have a loaded roster and a offensive mind guy in Gase. i don;t count Miami because he had no QB. Tanny was trash and Miami kept forcing him on Gase. He also was hurt a lot and had to call on Culter too. The only problem I had with Gase is that he should have used Drake a lot more than Gore that is it. He won't do that here will Bell being the man. Speaking of Bell all Gase said was that he would not pay him that money. He said nothing about Bell play. This is the media looking for stories in a very slow time of year for the NFL.

Manning becomes GM

Jets finish 10-6 make the wild card and win the first playoff game. Telling all the loser that we are here to stay for good. 

Gase fired one of Macc's scouts. He said he wants to streamline the scouting department. 

I realize most of the scouting department will be replaced once we hire a new GM, but if Gase really only wants to coach why is he even bothering making such moves. Just wait until a new GM is in place. 

If we really want to attract the best candidates, Gase should just take a step back and worry about the team for right now. Don't cause any unnecessary attention. 

Edited by mattmanz91

18 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Gase fired one of Macc's scouts. He said he wants to streamline the scouting department. 

I realize most of the scouting department will be replaced once we hire a new GM, but if Gase really only wants to coach why is he even bothering making such moves. Just wait until a new GM is in place. 

If we really want to attract the best candidates, Gase should just take a step back and worry about the team for right now. Don't cause any unnecessary attention. 

CJ wants all are open to each other so if Gase doesn't like that scout then he will be gone under new GM anyway.

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

This is not unnecessary attention. If the scout is bad get him out of here. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This is not unnecessary attention. If the scout is bad get him out of here. 

I understand getting rid of him if he's not a good scout. But if he's not a good scout the new GM will fire him regardless. I'm just saying I think Gase should let the new GM take care of that. 

23 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I understand getting rid of him if he's not a good scout. But if he's not a good scout the new GM will fire him regardless. I'm just saying I think Gase should let the new GM take care of that. 

Lol this is getting ridiculous at this point. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lol this is getting ridiculous at this point. 

I have pretty much agreed with everything you have said regarding Macc's firing whether I have posted about it or not. 

All I'm saying is, if the scout is bad he would have been fired regardless but Gase should sit back and focus on coaching the team. I have no problem with the minor personnel moves he's made, ie: trading Lee, cutting Legett, etc. But why tell the media I'm the coach. I was surprised Macc got fired, the new GM will have control over the roster, the structure will not change, then proceed to fire a scout. I'm not saying the sky is falling and the world is ending like the media and some fans. What I am saying is, bringing any sort of attention to the situation that contradicts what Gase has said to the public is uneccesary. It will most likely not have an effect on any potential GM candidates desire for the job but why even take the chance that it would. 

Edited by mattmanz91

Sucks but it doesn't matter what we do when you have incompetent ownership it trickles down.  It's evident by the independent reporting to ownership, meddling in the player signings, going to Charlie Casserly for GM search, horrible timing for firing your GM, and ignoring your GM during HC search among other things.  It's utter nonsense and just laughable at this point.  Why did I have to love this team so much?

Until basic common sense is used by ownership this type of stuff in May will continue. 

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sucks but it doesn't matter what we do when you have incompetent ownership it trickles down.  It's evident by the independent reporting to ownership, meddling in the player signings, going to Charlie Casserly for GM search, horrible timing for firing your GM, and ignoring your GM during HC search among other things.  It's utter nonsense and just laughable at this point.  Why did I have to love this team so much?

Until basic common sense is used by ownership this type of stuff in May will continue. 

This is pretty much it. No sense in arguing about anything else.

Woody, and now Chris, have no idea how to run a football team. The worst part is the Jets are still very lucrative, which is all they really care about.

49 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I have pretty much agreed with everything you have said regarding Macc's firing whether I have posted about it or not. 

All I'm saying is, if the scout is bad he would have been fired regardless but Gase should sit back and focus on coaching the team. I have no problem with the minor personnel moves he's made, ie: trading Lee, cutting Legett, etc. But why tell the media I'm the coach. I was surprised Macc got fired, the new GM will have control over the roster, the structure will not change, then proceed to fire a scout. I'm not saying the sky is falling and the world is ending like the media and some fans. What I am saying is, bringing any sort of attention to the situation that contradicts what Gase has said to the public is uneccesary. It will most likely not have an effect on any potential GM candidates desire for the job but why even take the chance that it would. 

It takes 5 seconds to fire a scout. I don’t think it’s impacting his ability to coach the team. Today is the first day he’s actually allowed to do so. I just don’t think it’s a big deal that’s all.

31 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If Macc was gonna be fired in January 2020 then what’s so wrong with doing it now(obviously he should have been fired months if not years ago)

The one thing I’m glad CJ is doing now is not bringing in a firm or a consultant. Both of those things set us back many, many years.