Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

14 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Gase was great in the presser today. Literally was direct with just about everything. So he thought Bell got more than he should have, Im sure that happens very very often when trying to sign guys. Basically the media looked terrible today and Gase called them out on every false report. Excellent job. 

He is clearly an alpha personality but I got to admit I like his handling of the media.  He's very direct and seems like he has a direction for this franchise which is good to see.

• Like 1

Few things I got from the press conference with Gase yesterday was this...

1. He likes Bell. Didn't seem to like the price. But likes him as a player and wants to see the best ways to use him a bunch. Also said that trading him was and wont be an option.

2. We were trading Lee regardless. Sounded like there was a deal with KC and we'd been talking to KC about a trade for a long time.

3. Unlike Bell. Gase seemed to want Mosley at all costs and doesn't mind his salary. Clearly views him as a great player and a leader.

4. Gase like we all thought is going to but heads with guys. That's his personality. He in fact said this. Said that if he'd agree with everyone he wouldn't be doing his job. Which is actually a good point. As long as he understands that the new GM has a job and all 53 guys on the roster wont be "his" guys. Just isn't possible.

• Like 1

@KingOfTheDot 

That’s a pretty bad tweet but she covered her basis. 

What GM is going to take any job without job security? 

What GM is going to take any job without bringing in his own people? 

We can hire anyone and she can say, well had it been a 2 year deal or had they not giving him authority to bring his own people.

That’s a pretty garbage tweet. The Jets GM position is pretty secure. We just let Macc stay for 5 years. Talk about patients. He also brought his own people. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

@KingOfTheDot 

That’s a pretty bad tweet but she covered her basis. 

What GM is going to take any job without job security? 

What GM is going to take any job without bringing in his own people? 

We can hire anyone and she can say, well had it been a 2 year deal or had they not giving him authority to bring his own people.

That’s a pretty garbage tweet. The Jets GM position is pretty secure. We just let Macc stay for 5 years. Talk about patients. He also brought his own people. 

Exactly. As if the Jets would say hey we wanna you but you might get fired next year and we’re gonna keep our personnel staff in place and just do what Gase says, okay? Do you accept the job?

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Exactly. As if the Jets would say hey we wanna you but you might get fired next year and we’re gonna keep our personnel staff in place and just do what Gase says, okay? Do you accept the job?

Well any GM candidate will need to be concerned with the franchise' historic dysfunction, the ownership quickly changing their direction and Gase.  Think this is pretty much accurate.  Those who don't care or recognize the issue with the timing of Macc's firing (like you) won't believe or think there is credibility to a statement like that tweet. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The problem is the Jets ownership has shown in a few short months they will change their mind on a GM.  So I could see how that is a concern for a candidate.

I guess Joe Douglas is still under contract with Eagles.  Whatever.     GM job of Jets is not that bad.  Woody or not.   The major key is you should be able to find good talents via drafts and free agencies for right price.  That is all Woody asks.  If you can't Woody will jump in.     Jets struggled with qb situation, Woody stepped in for Brett Favre and Tim Tebow.  Jets struggled with CB situation, Woody required 3 FA upgrades without any limitation in salary cap. 

Disliking the power structure? It won't be any problem if you hire someone who has familiar with Gase.      Mike Maccagnan just proved that he could not work with anyone.

21 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Well any GM candidate will need to be concerned with the franchise' historic dysfunction, the ownership quickly changing their direction and Gase.  Think this is pretty much accurate.  Those who don't care or recognize the issue with the timing of Macc's firing (like you) won't believe or think there is credibility to a statement like that tweet. 

It’s a speculative tweet. There’s no basis for the source. Look at the wording, look at who she heard it from? It’s literally something someone from twitter could have posted. 

21 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

The problem is the Jets ownership has shown in a few short months they will change their mind on a GM.  So I could see how that is a concern for a candidate.

How so? Macc has been around for 5 offseason. Before that Tanny had been around for what 7 offseason?

This perception and narrative of our ownership is false. 

Point is if you do your job well you’re good and even if you don’t then the Jets have shown to give time and have patience. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

What the hell do you mean like me? I stated the timing was bad but at the end of the day you don’t keep him around just because. You cut your losses(we did), own it(CJ did) and move forward. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

How so? Macc has been around for 5 offseason. Before that Tanny had been around for what 7 offseason?

This perception and narrative of our ownership is false. 

Point is if you do your job well you’re good and even if you don’t then the Jets have shown to give time and have patience. 

Bowles fired on Dec 30th same time ownership decides to keep Macc.  Allows Macc to help pick new HC, spend 100 million in FA and conduct a draft.  May he is fired.  If you don't think this is a big change of course and shows dysfunction, ownership changing mind then I don't know what to say.

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What the hell do you mean like me? I stated the timing was bad but at the end of the day you don’t keep him around just because. You cut your losses(we did), own it(CJ did) and move forward. 

You have said many times that firing timing and the dysfunction narrative is false/doesn't matter.  When I have time I will go back and collect all those statements if you'd like

Edited by JetsFan15