Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

Kelly and Fitterer are cleared to interview with Fitterer interviewing later this week. Per Breer, some believe that the job is already Douglas’ and he might have some staff in mind including Jeremiah. Apparently Champ may come as part of his staff as well. He also has some Philly execs that he could pull over given that he pulled them over from Baltimore as well. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Kelly and Fitterer are cleared to interview with Fitterer interviewing later this week. Per Breer, some believe that the job is already Douglas’ and he might have some staff in mind including Jeremiah. Apparently Champ may come as part of his staff as well. He also has some Philly execs that he could pull over given that he pulled them over from Baltimore as well. 

Did Douglas interview yet?

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Did Douglas interview yet?

I don’t think he did formally but maybe he had an informal discussion with CJ with Gase likely gushing over him.

Sounds like if he gets the job he’s building a similar staff to Ballard’s in Indy where he brought in a few high level execs with him.

Gase built a great coaching staff, Douglas May do the same in the front office.

15 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Key for me is someone that is not afraid to stand his ground; someone with some conviction. But I also want someone that values the opinion of the coaching staff and tries to build a team that works for their preferred schemes. 

I agree and would add the hope that we get someone who wants a strong OL. 

Lol that fact that we even have to talk about this is a joke. The best owners hire their football people and then GO THE $&@# AWAY! Again I am honestly so happy we fired Macagnan, I don’t buy into the circus rhetoric, but my god does this structure here have to change. Give your GM ultimate control and let’s get ready for camp. This is low mind stuff...even the Johnsons can grasp this. 

Edited by ekill08x
  • Like 1

Yah pretty idiotic for us to say the GM has roster control and draft control. That’s their job. The parts that agitating at this point is that we have in essence a no name at HC and he’s running things right now. Gase hasn’t done nothing to warrant control. The fact that he has as much control as he does is embarrassing. It’s not like we have a proven HC. Or even a young HC that is proving himself. He should have as much say so in things as we do. Until he’s proven he doesn’t quite frankly deserve roster control in any form.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yah pretty idiotic for us to say the GM has roster control and draft control. That’s their job. The parts that agitating at this point is that we have in essence a no name at HC and he’s running things right now. Gase hasn’t done nothing to warrant control. The fact that he has as much control as he does is embarrassing. It’s not like we have a proven HC. Or even a young HC that is proving himself. He should have as much say so in things as we do. Until he’s proven he doesn’t quite frankly deserve roster control in any form.

Gase is the 5th youngest coach in the NFL, his stint in Miami doesn't exclude him from proving himself going forward. Otherwise I agree 100%. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Lol that fact that we even have to talk about this is a joke. The best owners hire their football people and then GO THE $&@# AWAY! Again I am honestly so happy we fired Macagnan, I don’t buy into the circus rhetoric, but my god does this structure here have to change. Give your GM ultimate control and let’s get ready for camp. This is low mind stuff...even the Johnsons can grasp this. 

It’s the media man, there’s no way we are trying to bring in a great evaluator and not give him control of the roster. 

I think the reporting structure is just to keep the morale high as it tells the GM and Coach that they don’t work for each other but work with each other. 

57 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Gase is the 5th youngest coach in the NFL, his stint in Miami doesn't exclude him from proving himself going forward. Otherwise I agree 100%. 

Exactly. He's unproven. Respect and having ability to have control over more than just coaching is earned. And he hasn't done that. McVay has earned what Gase is almost getting already from our FO right now. When he has no right to. He's a 1 year HC that went  7-9 with not an awful roster (not a good one either). But he certainly doesn't have the resume to command a say so really. And I hope to God he one day does earn that right. But he certainly doesn't deserve it with coaching 0 games for us and no resume previous to command respect or control.

• Like 1