Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. He's unproven. Respect and having ability to have control over more than just coaching is earned. And he hasn't done that. McVay has earned what Gase is almost getting already from our FO right now. When he has no right to. He's a 1 year HC that went  7-9 with not an awful roster (not a good one either). But he certainly doesn't have the resume to command a say so really. And I hope to God he one day does earn that right. But he certainly doesn't deserve it with coaching 0 games for us and no resume previous to command respect or control.

I got to admit I was jealous when Miami hired him. I saw him as one of those young up and coming coaches. Than in his first year I thought he was crazy when he cut two starting OLinemen, but Dallas Thomas hasn’t played since, and Billy Turner hardly played in 2017 but got some time last year at Denver. So it was probably a good call even though he wasn’t the GM. If he knows what he’s doing and we win I couldn’t care less about his cutting or trading some fringe players.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It’s the media man, there’s no way we are trying to bring in a great evaluator and not give him control of the roster. 

I think the reporting structure is just to keep the morale high as it tells the GM and Coach that they don’t work for each other but work with each other. 

Yeah I agree. It would be beyond idiotic. Jets being a circus is always a homerun. The writers win more with that than if we won the Super Bowl. 

I hope this is wrapped up this week. This has an opportunity to be a blessing in disguise. Not to mention we are the only team GM shopping so while the firing timing may have been odd, it also could kind of be brilliant too.

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I agree. It would be beyond idiotic. Jets being a circus is always a homerun. The writers win more with that than if we won the Super Bowl. 

I hope this is wrapped up this week. This has an opportunity to be a blessing in disguise. Not to mention we are the only team GM shopping so while the firing timing may have been odd, it also could kind of be brilliant too.

Yeah we’re not forced to rush into a hire because we feel a guy might choose elsewhere. 

I do like crop of candidates but Douglas just seems the most intriguing to me especially with the rumored staff he’d be bringing with him.

• Like 1

I was begging for Patton when Bowles was fired in hopes we fire Mac as well so I hope he agrees to take the interview this time around.  

I prefer Patton but Douglas seems to get a lot of love too.  PHI has been pretty awful at drafting recently like worse then Mac bad.  Not sure how much Douglas had to do with that but I am hesitant to like him as much as the media does.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah we’re not forced to rush into a hire because we feel a guy might choose elsewhere. 

I do like crop of candidates but Douglas just seems the most intriguing to me especially with the rumored staff he’d be bringing with him.

Agree and one positive of firing Macc when we did.  We can take our time and make sure we hire the right guy.  I like to hear about Douglas putting together a high powered FO staff.  That to me is key. 

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was begging for Patton when Bowles was fired in hopes we fire Mac as well so I hope he agrees to take the interview this time around.  

I prefer Patton but Douglas seems to get a lot of love too.  PHI has been pretty awful at drafting recently like worse then Mac bad.  Not sure how much Douglas had to do with that but I am hesitant to like him as much as the media does.

We've been trying to get him since Mike T was fired. Each time he declined an interview. Interested to see if he accepts this time around

55 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t look at the Vikings and say to myself...I wanna be them. 

Eagles, Seahawks? Yes. I’d love to build in that way.

Eagles yes. Seahawks haven’t made a good personnel move in a few years and they rarely draft well. 

I think where Seattle messed up was they had a good defense and had a franchise QB and thought they could win with letting some go. And that didn't work. And now they're in the process of building around Wilson, rather than just thinking he could just win them games.

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Jets add another person to the list Terry Fontenot who is with the Saints.

I get feeling that he is on NFL's minority list.  16 years with Saints and 6 seasons as a director of pro scouting.  Dang!   I don't know if he is ready to get out of comfortable zone for the challenging GM in East Rutherford.

14 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t look at the Vikings and say to myself...I wanna be them. 

Eagles, Seahawks? Yes. I’d love to build in that way.

Vikings struggled to find consistent players but the way they approach in FA and Draft is solid. 

Jets apparently are on the similar track as Eagles.  Except OL part. Hopefully, it will be high on the agenda for new GM.

Seahawks stay with old school philosophy so Jets should not copy or follow their steps.  If Jets hired one of their front officers then hopefully he could think outside the box and execute it well.