Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Manish is so mad that his sources are gone. His articles are laughable. 

He’s such a loser. Lacks credibility, zero football knowledge. Daily news probably is sick of him too. His days are numbered.

• Like 1

I had a feeling he'd decline again, which is why I didn't get my hopes up. I thought maybe since we have the QB now he would accept, but no big deal. I honestly prefer Douglas over all the candidates anyway.

Edited by mattmanz91

20 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Rumor is that people arent sure about interviewing cause word is its gonna be Douglas job so they dont want to waste their time.

Ehh. That’s a bit of a stretch.

So far 3 have accepted, 1 has rejected and 1 is tbd.

The 1 that rejected has rejected us twice before. Not sure those rumors are correct. 

26 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not sure what makes paton so great, 3 interviews declined so he must be waiting a long time

These guys only get one shot at the top job. His family probably doesn’t want to live in the NYC area. I believe he previously accepted an offer to interview with the 49ers. So, he’s just waiting for the right opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

These guys only get one shot at the top job. His family probably doesn’t want to live in the NYC area. I believe he previously accepted an offer to interview with the 49ers. So, he’s just waiting for the right opportunity. 

That would be a good guess.

29 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Paton is idiotic for turning down GM for 50th time.  Rick Spielman and George Paton are about 5-6 years apart.   Ozzie Newsome and Eric DeCosta are 15 years apart.

Stupid.

I don’t think he’s waiting for the Vikings gig. Otherwise he would have rejected the 49ers interview also. 

Plenty of people don’t want to live in the nyc area. I don’t think it’s anythng against the Jets.

What’s more telling to me is that Fitterer previously rejected an interview with us and now has accepted. So his previous issue was not with NYC but more with the team. It couldn’t have been the structure either since we have the same reporting structure. He probably saw a mess 5 years ago and was right. Now we have Darnold though. 

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I don’t think he’s waiting for the Vikings gig. Otherwise he would have rejected the 49ers interview also. 

Plenty of people don’t want to live in the nyc area. I don’t think it’s anythng against the Jets.

What’s more telling to me is that Fitterer previously rejected an interview with us and now has accepted. So his previous issue was not with NYC but more with the team. It couldn’t have been the structure either since we have the same reporting structure. He probably saw a mess 5 years ago and was right. Now we have Darnold though. 

Was there a mess 5 years ago?

He would have come into a team with a top 6 pick and a ton of cap space. 

Obviously have the QB position solved now makes it more attractive though. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Was there a mess 5 years ago?

He would have come into a team with a top 6 pick and a ton of cap space. 

Obviously have the QB position solved now makes it more attractive though. 

Maybe mess was a bit harsh. But the 2019 Jets are in much better shape than the team Idzik left Macc. Mostly because Darnold. But look at the players we have that are 27 and under: Adams, Darnold, Leo, Mosley, Bell, and Q. Add in other developing young guys like Herndon and Robby. This team is not awful. In some ways it’s better than the Colts situation because Luck was such a big red flag. Luck pulled through and that thing turned around quickly.

The Jets are missing piece at CB and OL with edge as a TBD. 

If I’m a potential GM, as long as I like Gase, I would jump at this opportunity because Darnold gives you job security. And this team can be true competitors in 1 or 2 years.