Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

51 minutes ago, famousj said:

It is ironic the Jets GM  job is more intriguing to candidates based on what Maccagnan has done the past 2 years.    Maccagnan's legacy will be Sam Darnold  not Hackenberg.

I think Maccagnan will fade into history honestly. Only a few select fans will likely push his name into the conversation if we win it all with Sam at QB. 

IMO Gase will get the credit for the developing Sam into a top tier QB and the new GM will likely get the credit for the roster we build as I think most of it will be guys that he has brought in if we do win. 

I think Sam can be a GREAT QB not just a top 10 but a top 3 in 3 years. I think Douglas is a lock for the job. I have feeling they where asking him if our GM job opened up would you take the job. I think he said yes. This stuff going on is just for show. They need to make sure everything is in line. I'm a school teacher and they do this all the time with teachers and Admin. They know who they want and go through the interviews just for show. I was offered other teaching jobs even though I'm under contract. I always say you can't hate someone for trying to better their life for their family. Douglas will be the guy it is a LOCK!

Until Douglas is at the microphone during his press conference saying he is the new GM and has absolute power, I won’t believe anything. Media has been way too much of a clown show to believe anything that gets reported. As much as I like hearing this...I need to see it. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Until Douglas is at the microphone during his press conference saying he is the new GM and has absolute power, I won’t believe anything. Media has been way too much of a clown show to believe anything that gets reported. As much as I like hearing this...I need to see it. 

I feel the same way, we just have to sit and wait.

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I generally agree with this idea. But Pauline came out and said it’s a lock. Pauline has been weeks ahead of everyone else on this specific situation. 

We have to wait and see either way. But I’ll be shocked if Pauline is wrong at this point. The dude broke the Macc firing before anyone even thought it was being discussed. 

• Like 1

Its all over that the gm search is a sham and its always been Douglas.  Hiring Douglas will make me happy since he seems to be a top gm candidate,  not a guy who you settled for cause n9 one else wanted the job  aka john idzik ans mike maccagnan. 

• Like 2

I like most of these candidates. But what sets Douglas apart for me is that, with Roseman’s somewhat hands off approach, Douglas has significant decision making authority. So while he will be a new GM, to some extent he somewhat has experience as a GM.

Also, he is supposedly able to bring a solid team with him. So he’ll do for our front office what Gase has done for our coaching staff. Having quality people below you is essential. Gase did it and I hope Douglas does the same. 

Things like having worked with Gase and having seen the inside of two successful organizations are a bonus.

15 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Maccagnan will fade into history honestly. Only a few select fans will likely push his name into the conversation if we win it all with Sam at QB. 

IMO Gase will get the credit for the developing Sam into a top tier QB and the new GM will likely get the credit for the roster we build as I think most of it will be guys that he has brought in if we do win. 

I agree with you on both points.  If Sam / Herndon or any other guys Macc drafted develop Macc will be a footnote.

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

I agree with you on both points.  If Sam / Herndon or any other guys Macc drafted develop Macc will be a footnote.

I see it this way. 

Mangini drafted Revis but Rex gets the credit for making him the ATG Cornerback that he is. 

Macc will get credit for the blind gamble that the trade up was. Ultimately it paid off. 

I don't think it was a blind gamble. I even knew Mayfield or Darnold would be there at 3. That is why I was so pumped. I thought we where getting Mayfield until the Browns did a 180. No way was the Giants drafting a QB. They wanted to help Manning and the best help is a RB for a QB.