Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re praising the guy for doing his job. And outside of 4/5 1st rounders he was awful. Which make him awful at his job. He had a few good 1st rounders. But you’re praising a guy that did what anyone of us would have done. Where a GM earns thawed job is getting value in mid and late round picks and finding FA steaks. Something he pretty much never did or rarely did. Hence why he’s gone and actually why he should have been gone awhile ago. Only reason he was safe was we didn’t want to be a franchise that changes over FO jobs so quickly. 

I am giving his him his due as there were positive things he did.  What did Macc kick your and @KingOfTheDot dogs or something.  I really think guys on here don't pay attention to other teams drafts.  There are bust and bad picks all over the place.  It is what it is when you draft ... a lot of luck is involved, skill is need but again the best picks sometimes don't work out.  I am done pointing out the good moves Macc made as you guys always have a "yea but", its really comical.  He should have been fired with Bowles if CJ was not sure about him, period, and that is fine.  But either way he did some good things and by acknowledging such does not mean anything other then that.  Don't worry you won't be labeled a Macc lover and you still can be mad he kicked your dog, robbed your house, smashed into your car or whatever it is he did to you guys that make you blind and scared to give him credit for anything good he did in his time here.  Looking forward to your blah blah standard he got lucky, could not draft late round or sign good FAs or get undrafted FAs or I praise mediocrity nonsense replies that I won't answer or read anymore.  Moving on .. NEXT!!!!   LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Joe Douglas interview is complete but there is no deal.  Champ Kelly is next.  

To be expected. They are going to complete all the interviews before they hire someone. There's no competition this time of the year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I am giving his him his due as there were positive things he did.  What did Macc kick your and @KingOfTheDot dogs or something.  I really think guys on here don't pay attention to other teams drafts.  There are bust and bad picks all over the place.  It is what it is when you draft ... a lot of luck is involved, skill is need but again the best picks sometimes don't work out.  I am done pointing out the good moves Macc made as you guys always have a "yea but", its really comical.  He should have been fired with Bowles if CJ was not sure about him, period, and that is fine.  But either way he did some good things and by acknowledging such does not mean anything other then that.  Don't worry you won't be labeled a Macc lover and you still can be mad he kicked your dog, robbed your house, smashed into your car or whatever it is he did to you guys that make you blind and scared to give him credit for anything good he did in his time here.  Looking forward to your blah blah standard he got lucky, could not draft late round or sign good FAs or get undrafted FAs or I praise mediocrity nonsense replies that I won't answer or read anymore.  Moving on .. NEXT!!!!   LOL

What are you talking about lol?

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Joe Douglas interview is complete but there is no deal.  Champ Kelly is next.  

They should interview Champ before making a decision. Not only is he a good candidate, we can potentially land him as the #2. It'll look bad for Champ if we make a decision before he even interviews. Makes it seem like he is not a legit candidate. No need to rush.

I'm fine with either Douglas or Kelly. Those are my two preferred candidates. Based on all the info out there plus watching some of their interviews, I think both would be good fits. 

Edited by SDotNova

13 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

You're praising a guy for doing his job. I have no clue what you or anyone on here does for a living really. But I'd imagine you don't get praised for doing what you're supposed to do. And Macc had WAY MORE fails than he had hits. He has 2 hits is his career in Leo and Adams (I'm not anointing Darnold as a good pick yet after 1 season). You bring up other teams drafts. Every team has a mid round pick that was a steal. He had 0 in 5 full drafts. In fact most his picks aren't even on the roster.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, JetsFan15 said: