MikeT14

Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

Macc. was the worst GM in Jet history. with all the high draft picks he had  and still ended up with a 5-11, 5-11 & 4-12 record in his last three years as GM. He should have been fired before the 2019 draft. 

I’m going to keep this thread alive and come back every week and change the flowers.

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m going to keep this thread alive and come back every week and change the flowers.

LMAO

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don't blame you, I am not going to forgive and forget Macc, either. He was god awful as GM. 

So Macc had an epic blunder which costed us what seems like a really good developmental OL, who’s extremely physical and can play Guard and Center. Oh and the Pats drafted him FWIW

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-patriots-hjalte-froholdt-bill-belichick-20190606-ibvpp2gvyrgtrmvupyuooclk4e-story.html

Love his showing against QWill. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

So Macc had an epic blunder which costed us what seems like a really good developmental OL, who’s extremely physical and can play Guard and Center. Oh and the Pats drafted him FWIW

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-patriots-hjalte-froholdt-bill-belichick-20190606-ibvpp2gvyrgtrmvupyuooclk4e-story.html

Love his showing against QWill. 

Wouldn’t call it an epic blunder. Froholdt is limited as an NFL prospect. Samia was much more a potential get. 

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Wouldn’t call it an epic blunder. Froholdt is limited as an NFL prospect. Samia was much more a potential get. 

I like the potential. The blunder comes from him jumping back twice and getting caught with his hands in his pockets. How are you targeting two guys and move back twice with both on the board lol.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I like the potential. The blunder comes from him jumping back twice and getting caught with his hands in his pockets. How are you targeting two guys and move back twice with both on the board lol.

Maybe the worst draft day trader in the history of the draft. My god was he an atrocious GM.

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Maybe the worst draft day trader in the history of the draft. My god was he an atrocious GM.

IIRC he moved back acquired a 5th or 6th but then moved up again and wasted the pick he acquired. 

He was abysmal on day 3 of the draft. 

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Not defending Mac. He sucked. I just don’t think it’s a huge loss. Besides, he should’ve just signed Paradis anyway. 

9 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not defending Mac. He sucked. I just don’t think it’s a huge loss. Besides, he should’ve just signed Paradis anyway. 

Not about it being a huge loss. I’m just trying to understand how you can target a couple guys and move back twice with them in the board. 

What was he thinking?

As for the players, we’ll see what they turn out to be.

Something interesting Colin Cowherd said about Mac was that nobody around the league seemed to know him, and he was on thin ice in Houston before Charlie Casserly swooped in and got him the Jet's job. Listening to him try and paint a happy picture of his time with Gase on interviews after the draft , it became pretty clear he wasn't a guy that connected easily with the full range of NFL types.

He wasn't the worst. Idzik will probably never be defeated in our lifetimes for title of worst. He was just upgradeable once the Jets got a promising QB and a coach who had made a few connections in his career. Won't miss him or his coffee cup.

Rich Cimini ided Trenton Cannon, Nathan Shephard and Parry Nickerson as struggling players last OTA.  Ain't you excited that you could continue adding those players to Macc's list. heh?

11 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Rich Cimini ided Trenton Cannon, Nathan Shephard and Parry Nickerson as struggling players last OTA.  Ain't you excited that you could continue adding those players to Macc's list. heh?

Cannon was always gonna be hit or miss. He has special teams value. 

Nickerson was never gonna excel in a physical press defense at this level in my opinion. His value was always his speed as a blitzed, special teams and he’d likely have some value in more zone sets.

Shephars was older and played against future grocery store managers(nothing wrong with that profession) his technique always lacked. Everyone inside is strong at this level. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:29 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

Cannon was always gonna be hit or miss. He has special teams value. 

Nickerson was never gonna excel in a physical press defense at this level in my opinion. His value was always his speed as a blitzed, special teams and he’d likely have some value in more zone sets.

Shephars was older and played against future grocery store managers(nothing wrong with that profession) his technique always lacked. Everyone inside is strong at this level. 

Kurt Warner says Hello. lol.

Anyway,  it is still too early to dismiss them.  I have heard a few players had outstanding OTA but they never stick around for regular season(s).