Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

Gase won the power struggle without winning a game. Kudos to him, but man this is a puzzling development. I guess get a head start on scouting for 2020? 

Either way, CJ has made it abundantly clear that this is Gase’s organization, regardless who is hired to be “GM”.

• Like 1

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Gase won the power struggle without winning a game. Kudos to him, but man this is a puzzling development. I guess get a head start on scouting for 2020? 

Either way, CJ has made it abundantly clear that this is Gase’s organization, regardless who is hired to be “GM”.

Then it looks like we are screwed as long as CJ is running this team. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Usually when a GM and HC are fired it takes some time to hire new ones and the new GM goes into the off-season with the previous regimes scouts.

Maybe the thinking was, let Macc run the off-season with his guys, see how the Macc/Gase dynamic plays out during that time, and if it doesn't seem to work hire a new GM. At least he has more than enough time to assess the players, hire his own scouts, and start planning for the upcoming off-season. It also seems like they will bring someone in who already has a good relationship with Gase.

I know this all sounds backwards but it makes some sense. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

What's your consensus in here on the Bell signing?

I’d say 90% of us liked it. For a team like us starving for talent it was a move we had to make and quite frankly was a small portion of our cap space we had to spend. If Gase isn’t pro it... it make sure me question Gase more so than question the signing.

• Like 2

I always thought Gase would hate the leveon signing because leveon sat out for a year over money. Just doesnt seem like Gases kind of guys. That's why when FA started and we were in the running for Bell I was surprised considering our HC.

I don't agree with Gase here....we have the cash and are starved for talent. It makes too much sense, even overpaying. But whatever. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Gase has a right to be upset about the money we spent but at the end of the day we had to do it. 

The way he speaks of Bell and Mosley is he likes the players but handing out big contracts in free agency isn’t always someone coaches like. 

He knew we had to spend money. If he didn't he's an idiot for accepting a job without knowing the teams state financially.  I'd love to hear his idea of what he would have liked to spend the money on. Bc the options were limited.

• Like 2

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He knew we had to spend money. If he didn't he's an idiot for accepting a job without knowing the teams state financially.  I'd love to hear his idea of what he would have liked to spend the money on. Bc the options were limited.

Who knows. We do know a lot is going to be reported but if they weren’t feeling Macc then he had to go.