Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

I feel like Gase, Douglas, CJ have been talking for a couple weeks or longer and it's as close to a done deal as possible. Just need to satisfy Rooney rule and he'll be the next GM. It would make more sense with the timing of all this if Douglas was basically a done deal behind the scenes. 

43 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Dysfunctional 

In one word, you’ve described everyone in charge of thus organization. Their only saving grace is that Jets fans are loyal. I guess all football fans for that matter. Just an unfortunate situation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I feel like Gase, Douglas, CJ have been talking for a couple weeks or longer and it's as close to a done deal as possible. Just need to satisfy Rooney rule and he'll be the next GM. It would make more sense with the timing of all this if Douglas was basically a done deal behind the scenes. 

You’re probably right. The link between Gase and Douglas, and Douglas and Jeremiah came out too quickly. The stuff about Douglas was rumored since the riff started. I’m not gonna get my hopes up about anything these people can do. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree this will be talked about because there is no NFL news this tie of year. When the June 1 cuts come might change stories but we will be top NFL news for the next 3 weeks or more.

The way the world moves I dont think so. Mini camps are coming up, some team will have something happen, etc...once we hire our guy then maybe the stories will come up a bit but this will blow over.

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

If it ends up being Douglas with Jeremiah assisting, at least we’ll have a powerhouse scouting combo. 

That is a good point, I said for years our drafting has been given a free ride, Can't blame it all on Mac, but Mac ran the scouting dept.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well the money given to them was needed bc we draft awful and have to overpay to bring in any talent in the door. Bc we certainly aren't doling it via draft. But I don't believe that rumor. Those 2 guys are instantly the 2 best players on our team. I highly doubt Gase doesn't like them. Ya the money is a lot. But we had it and they have good years left. I think where an issue occurred was only adding 1 starter on the OL and not enough WR depth.

Overpaying has nothing to do with drafting.  I has to do with stuff like this and the perception that is actually reality of the Jets organization being a bad organization.

Like I have said before ... I like some of Maccs moves but in now way did I think he was a world beater.  But to do this now is backwards and adds to the dysfunction perception.