Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

CJ made Macc interview his replacement... cold. lol

I didn't like Macc, but this was the worst time to do this. Should have been done before free agency. 

Joe seems like the leading man, but I wouldn't be mad at picking up Champ Kelly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Looks like there was a big rift between Gase, & Maccagnan, already. Gase, said we payed to much money for Bell. Gase, felt RB's should not get that kind of money. 

A part of me agrees, but we needed to make this move. If Bell would have joined someone else, we would have been mad and had to rely on some of the RB's from this draft class. 

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

A part of me agrees, but we needed to make this move. If Bell would have joined someone else, we would have been mad and had to rely on some of the RB's from this draft class. 

Absolutely Rick, we needed Bell, for many reasons. 

• Like 1

This couldn’t have been done after the season? We already went though Free agency and the draft. This was mad extra. I’m over here worried bout my Knicks and I had to get back into Jets mode. Trash.

Whatever. If it’s true that GMs didn’t want to deal with us because Mac was indecisive and difficult to deal with, so be it. I’m glad we got Bell before all of this happened. Makes me wonder if we’re keeping Robby tho...

4 hours ago, Jetfan66 said:

No issue with firing Mac. Not even really concerned about the timing.

The issue is Gase. A guy with a terrible reputation for getting along with others already. Ran himself out of Miami. Instead of being forced to reflect on his shortcomings, immediately lands another HC opportunity. On top of that, helps overthrow the incumbent GM. Gase power is so immense for a guy who has been mediocre as a HC.

Remember when he was hired, he was asked about how he was going to learn from his past mistakes in Miami with dealing with other personalities. Then he essentially his first real move with the team is an exact replication of that. Add in the rumors of his "beef" over FA we signed and this does not bode well. Please prove me wrong.

Gase overachieved in Miami.

He wanted out because he didn’t want to be tied to not having a QB. That’s why he was so attracted to this job. 

If he and Macc didn’t mesh then it made sense to make a move. Sure we all wanted it done sooner but we balked and it bit us hard but now CJ sees it. 

Also players understand reports will come out and I feel like some of Macc’s guy leaked this stuff. There’s a possibility it impacts the locker room but let’s see how it plays out. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

CJ made Macc interview his replacement... cold. lol

I didn't like Macc, but this was the worst time to do this. Should have been done before free agency. 

Joe seems like the leading man, but I wouldn't be mad at picking up Champ Kelly. 

The worst time to do this was next hiring cycle. 

Now we can at least allow our new GM to build his staff. 

46 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This is the kind of energy we need in the building. 

Macc’s approach was always the issue. 

Although I agree, did it really take CJ this long to realize Mac wasn’t that guy? Sounds like either BS or CJ is clueless. Probably both

Whether it is Christopher Johnson or Woody Johnson, either one of these a-holes needs to simply put a General Manager or President of Football Operations in place who hires a HC or in this scenario likes Adam Gase and then stay the $&#%!!! out of the way! Until that happens, Jets will continue to be a circus. The biggest problem this franchise has is the organizational and power structure. The media honestly needs to hammer away at this and challenge CJ to give an example of how this power structure has ever historically lead to success anywhere.   Why would a GM honestly want to come here? Experience? In a situation where you are handcuffed by the idiot owner. You may never get another opportunity to be a GM ever again after inevitably failing here. If I am Joe Douglas or whoever they want to hire I would demand a change in structure or I would rather stay out where I am. Being the Jets GM where both yourself and the HC equally report to CJ is honestly a joke of a job. I’d stay in Philly and continue to be a hot candidate for a much better situation. Jets are literally on the verge of explosion.