#1 on the Waiver Wire!!! WOOF WOOF!

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If Kasen Williams really didn't make the roster in Seattle I will be shocked and absolutely willing to spend our priority claim on him.

again... theres no such thing as a priority claim in the NFL.  we just straight up get first dibs on everyone who goes to waivers, until week 3 of the season when they start to go by record (and we'd likely still be at the beginning of the line there too)

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If Kasen Williams really didn't make the roster in Seattle I will be shocked and absolutely willing to spend our priority claim on him.

Ok what am I missing? This guy in two seasons has one catch for 8 yards. 

Why are we desperate to get him?

8 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Man, I don't know. Cody how he looked last year, no thanks, I'll keep him, less upside maybe but a much more definite floor. But how he's looked this preseason and training camp, I might consider it. I think Hogan might be the backup for this year anyway. I've always viewed it as you want your backup to have as high a floor as possible and your 3rd string guy to have as much upside as possible (Garoppolo and Brisset in NE for instance). So I'm not sure. If he's being signed to be our backup, I say no because he's just not ready to play in the NFL yet, but if we're bringing him in to develop as a 3rd string guy, I might do that.

To me its almost like Cody as regressed, where Hogan has developed more and more. With the way Hue wants his system ran, I think Hogan is a better fit because he is more aggressive and can more around a lot better than Cody. It is a shame because we heard so many great things about Kessler, about him getting bigger and stronger and spent time with a QB coach and all that great fluff stuff. Its a shame he came out and played even worse.

6 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

well that sucks regarding Ward.  I did not know anything about that 4 year rule.  Is there anyone worthy of our #1 priority then?  Ward and Haden reunited in Pitt will suck.

The Browns dont lose the #1 waiver wire pick. This isnt fantasy football. Browns own it until a couple of weeks have been played. Browns basically have dibs on anyone in waivers.

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah honestly I havent' seen a WR cut thatd i'd be interested in at this point. 

Glad we made the trade for Coates most of the WRs I wanted have been traded with Dorsett and Kearse 

yeah I agree. hopefully some get released this week end as teams make more moves after they sign people who have been cut. 

13 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Ok what am I missing? This guy in two seasons has one catch for 8 yards. 

Why are we desperate to get him?

Not desperate, but I'd be excited. He's been on Seattle's practice squad for a couple years after a major injury. He's super athletic and wins consistently on deep balls. I suppose he'd be redundant with Coates, but I haven't heard any hands complaints on him. Basically I just assumed we'd be targeting a WR on waivers and he's the one I'm most interested in (which isn't saying a ton this year, but still).

Archived