Jamie Collins Returns to Patriots

goldfishwars

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Which would you rather watch: college football or pro? Neither. I didn’t grow up watching football, and I still don’t. Me and Chandler Jones have talked about this since I first got up here. I never watched football. I never thought I’d be here, and I’d rather play video games. I don’t really want to watch it.

https://www.improper.com/life-style/going-strong/

lol

21 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Gordon won't play another down in the NFL. He's toast.

If's funny how Patriots fans keep clamoring to the idea that he'll back, like he's the Joker in the hand that was dealt. Those sentiments wouldn't be the same if he was still on the Browns. I like the guy. Would have loved to keep him in New England long term. And he actually seems to be a good person. But he doesn't deserve to be around any longer. And he won't....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I know you're supposed to get bread while you can, but I have never understood why FA want to leave NE. They have some of the best coaches in the league and always get the most out of their players. You'll have your best years there.

Because the Browns offered 4 years and 50 mill.   You might like to win, but the browns put 30 mill in his pocket that the pats would not have.   When your 33 and never won something you might take less for a chance at a ring but not when you are 26. 

3 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If's funny how Patriots fans keep clamoring to the idea that he'll back, like he's the Joker in the hand that was dealt. Those sentiments wouldn't be the same if he was still on the Browns. I like the guy. Would have loved to keep him in New England long term. And he actually seems to be a good person. But he doesn't deserve to be around any longer. And he won't....

Wel in two years when the new CBA and they don't test for pot like the other leagues- then would he deserve to play?   Look the guy breaks a rule and smokes pot, but even the league is going to change their stance.  This isn't 20 or 40 years ago when pot was thought of as bad by the majority of the population. It is going to be legal in 1/2 the states before long.  

Solid signing for a 1/4 mill tryout. Splitting time with VanNoy/Bentley/Hightower and Roberts, don't even see him being on the field 50% of the time unless he returns to 2015 form.  

They have now got 4 three rotational players for under 8 mill real that don't count towards plus minus FA comp.  I still would still like to see them get another DT either  3 or a 1.  Maybe Shelton returns, but I am hoping for Bailey. . 

On 5/17/2019 at 3:24 AM, patman said:

Wel in two years when the new CBA and they don't test for pot like the other leagues- then would he deserve to play?   Look the guy breaks a rule and smokes pot, but even the league is going to change their stance.  This isn't 20 or 40 years ago when pot was thought of as bad by the majority of the population. It is going to be legal in 1/2 the states before long.  

I'm not in the business of saying who deserves to play or not, but Gordon is not just a pothead. He is a drug addict with severe mental health issues. Obviously failing a test for weed is something legitimate for teams to worry about, but more worrisome is whether he's going to show up to work on any given day, and if not, where he ends up. 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, Nozizaki said:

I know you're supposed to get bread while you can, but I have never understood why FA want to leave NE. They have some of the best coaches in the league and always get the most out of their players. You'll have your best years there.

I don't really think winning and losing is as black-and-white a thing for players as it is for fans, coaches and front offices. It is their job, winning is great but they also want to have fun and enjoy their work environment. Not dogging NE, but it's a culture of 100% negative reinforcement and that's not for everyone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don't really think winning and losing is as black-and-white a thing for players as it is for fans, coaches and front offices. It is their job, winning is great but they also want to have fun and enjoy their work environment. Not dogging NE, but it's a culture of 100% negative reinforcement and that's not for everyone. 

It is not 100% negative.  I am there every day at training camp as I am retired.  There is constant praise for doing something right,  you do something wrong you get called out on it.  Everyone. The only exception that I remember was Seau.  When the pats set up thier draft board, they say they put emphasis on players that can take getting coached hard. If you could not take hard coaching, it pushed you down on the board. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:24 PM, patman said:

I don't think smoking pot is a big deal at all. In any scenario really. But the NFL's rule right now is that you can't keep getting suspended for smoking pot. He's a goner whether it's ridiculous or not.

And self-admittedly, Josh Gordon wasn't just abusing pot. That's what he kept getting zinged for, but he was battling with other substances as well.

20 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

What's your role inside the organisation?