Ranking the (B)East - DL Group

BEST DL GROUP IN THE NFC EAST   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST DL GROUP in the NFC East

• Redskins: R. Kerrigan / Jonathan Allen / Montez Sweat
    • Giants: Dalvin Tomlinson / BJ Hill / Dexter Lawrence
    • Cowboys: DeMarcus Lawrence / Robert Quinn / Trysten Hill
    • Eagles: Fletcher Cox / Derek Bennett / Chris Long

My vote is still gonna be the Eagles with the Redskins a very close second. I think the Eagles have shown year in and year out they have the most complete line. The Redskins though, since the addition of Daron Payne and Johnathon Allen,  they are so close its scary. With LC roaming the backfield now and the addition of Sweat opposite Kerrigan, think after this season the argument goes that the Skins have the best line, possibly best overall defence. 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

Question for Redskins fans: Are you running a 3-4 or 4-3 at this moment in time. If it's a 4-3 OLB's don't count towards DL.

3-4

Trying to compare counterparts:

Kerrigan > Graham

Barnett > Sweat (for now)

Cox >>> Matt I

Allen > Jackson

Payne >>Jernigan 

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

3-4

Trying to compare counterparts:

Kerrigan > Graham

Barnett > Sweat (for now)

Cox >>> Matt I

Allen > Jackson

Payne >>Jernigan 

I mean the way I see it....

Kerrigan > Graham (Though Graham could return to form and make this a push)
Barnett > Sweat
Cox >> Payne
Jackson = Allen

Comparing our injured 3rd DT against one of your starters doesn't exactly seem like apples to apples. I don't think comparing 1:1 4-3 to 3-4 is the best way to go about it.

How would you grade your starters? Take the average. How would you grade your first set of backups, take those averages as well. I will let my fellow Eagles fans do that if they so choose, but I'm going to pass.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Barnett > Sweat
Cox >> Payne
Jackson = Allen

Comparing our injured 3rd DT against one of your starters doesn't exactly seem like apples to apples. I don't think comparing 1:1 4-3 to 3-4 is the best way to go about it.

How would you grade your starters? Take the average. How would you grade your first set of backups, take those averages as well. I will let my fellow Eagles fans do that if they so choose, but I'm going to pass.

I mean, I’m really just comparing our Nickel sets against each other. 4-3 vs 3-4 doesn’t really matter that much in today’s league. 

I’ll pass on the grading as well, but I don’t think Jackson = Allen. And Matt I is better than any remaining backup you have after your list above. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Also. No idea what @Matts4313 is talking about. DLaw is better than Randy. Randy has greater potential - and has flashed brilliance as a pass-rusher. But he has not shown - at all - he is better. Nor is he the second best DL as a whole in the East.

I meant in terms of QB pressure. He doesnt hold up as well in the run game. 

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Also a big deal that, except for Kerrigan, all the Redskins guys are 25 and younger, with Payne and Sweat being babies. 

I think future outlook and front 7 you guys win, but since this is best DL group it’s the Eagles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danger said:

Barnett > Sweat
Cox >> Payne
Jackson = Allen

Matt Ioannidis  is our 2nd best interior 3-4 DL. He's coming off back to back years of 4.5 sacks and 7.5 sacks in 14 games in each year from the 3-4 DE position and he's a good run defender.

He is slept on immensely around the league. The last two years he graded out as one of the best interior DL in the entire NFL.

He was 2nd on the team in 2017 in sacks before breaking his wrist. So, that's the only reason his sack total wasn't as high as last years. 

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, Danger said:

Question for Redskins fans: Are you running a 3-4 or 4-3 at this moment in time. If it's a 4-3 OLB's don't count towards DL.

3-4. Which is why I said to get rid of Kerrigan and use  Allen, Payne and Ioannidas.

But most of the time we're in 4-3. So it's almost like we run a 4-3.

• Like 1