2019 Packers Forum League- PHASE 5 [DRAFT DAY] (GO TO PAGE 8)

Cadmus

League Vote/Housekeeping- PHASE 2

Before you read the rest of the post please note that I will post the FINAL COLLECTION OF POTENTIAL DRAFT DATES ON MAY 27th. I'm trying to keep the whole process as democratic as possible, so I will post a final collection of dates and then each owner will have the opportunity to rank their preferred draft dates until JUNE 2nd (midnight CST). If you don't regularly browse FF, it might not be a bad idea to create a reminder in your phone for May 27th. 

As of right now, any day we select for the LIVE DRAFT we will plan to start the draft between 5:30-7:30PM CST (I'm currently aiming for a 7:00PM CST start). If we select a Sunday, we might be able to move the start of the draft up a few hours, but any weekday would need to start closer to 7:00PM CST to accommodate the league. If you're in a weird timezone (anything beyond the standard EST/CST/MST/PST in the U.S./Canada) please let me know. 

The next few days represents your opportunity to sound off to me about any other conflicts and/or preferences anyone might have with regard to the live draft. 

Of particular interest to me-- is whether owners are available to draft on the 3 remaining Sundays --> June 9th, August 18th or August 25th. Please let me know if you have any conflicts with those specific days.  

Of the six draft dates I originally posted, four of them have already been ruled out. July 30th and August 18th are currently still on the table as potential draft dates as I only had one owner state NO for either date. I need to gather more information from each dissenting owner in the next few days before I make a decision on whether to include either of those dates in the final vote. 

Here is the current calendar of available draft dates. Any dates shaded red have been ruled out for the live draft and any dates shaded green remain fair game for the live draft. I will try my best to accommodate any conflicts that arise during PHASE 2, however I want to be clear that any live draft conflicts expressed during PHASE 1 will take precedence (I wouldn't worry too much, it appears there will be multiple dates available to vote on). 

Calendar-3.png 

In terms of the vote, all ballots have been submitted (there's a table of the responses on PAGE 2 of this thread). 

1) PASSED- FAAB will be installed for the 2019 Season (Vote was 12-2) 

2) PASSED- Live Draft will be used for the 2019 Season (Vote was 11-3) 

3) PENDING- Migration from FleaFlicker to Sleeper will face further scrutiny pending new information [below] (Vote was 9-3, 2 abstained)

4) PASSED- Removal of the KICKER position for the 2019 Season (Vote was 10-4) 

PENDING- Option X (Vote 5-5, 4 Abstained due to voting to retain KICKER position) 

PENDING- Option Y (Vote 7-3, 4 Abstained due to voting to retain KICKER position) 

5) DEFEATED- We will remain at 10 Keepers for the 2019 Season (Vote was 3-11) 

For the PENDING Initiatives: 

I need @squire12, @PandaSquadAlpha , @ChaRisMa and @Dwade1001 to vote on either Option X or Option Y. It seems like Option Y is more popular and the likely destination, but I want to provide the opportunity for everyone to be heard. 

For Sleeper, It's a relatively new hosting platform and they're constantly updating it. I've already migrated rosters (so I have a backup for rosters in case I accidentally mess something up in FleaFlicker). However, there's one very real concern I have-- in terms of trades the only "formal" way to veto a trade (at the moment) is via commissioner veto. Now, I don't want that sole power/responsibility in such a competitive/active league and I'm sure that you don't want me to be the sole bearer of the veto hammer either. I e-mailed Sleeper directly and they told me that they would update that feature at some point this year, but didn't have any specifics. They did offer me a workaround that's highlighted below, but it would be a temporary fix (everyone would have 3 days to vote on any trades and if we hit the minimum of 6 vetoes, I would veto the trade). 

Because of this-- If we move to Sleeper it won't be until right before the draft. We'd migrate when keepers are due (a few days before the draft). That would allow everyone to continue to trade on FleaFlicker until the draft starts. 

In terms of draft programs, Sleeper >>> FleaFlicker. If we're going to do a live draft, I'd definitely prefer to use Sleeper, but I also understand if people don't want to migrate the league to Sleeper after what I disclosed. Let me know what ya'll think!

Sleeper3.png 

League Members for 2019: 

@JBURGE @ChaRisMa @CombOver @Lieker @Bieker1 @PandaSquadAlpha @Dwade1001 @chucknorris101 @ajdodge09 @DannyB @squire12 @Cadmus @Packerraymond @KingOfTheNorth

Edited by Cadmus

14 hours ago, chucknorris101 said:

Since the original Q, i have a conflict with August 25th, sorry (not going to turn down a free trip to Madeline Island)

Im free the 18th though. Most other dates especially weekdays i can make work

So you're free to draft on August 18th? I'm asking cause you were the only owner that said no to that date... So we may just go with that. 

If you could give me the dates of your trip (and any other known date conflicts in the June, July and August) that would be awesome so I can attempt to avoid those dates.  

I'm asking because you didn't list any known conflicts initially.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, CombOver said:

i am good with july 27th

I am not good with June 21st or June 22nd, which are already marked off, as I will be recovering from a bender of GLORIOUS PROPORTIONS!!!!

July 27th was not an option, perhaps you meant another day? 

22 hours ago, DannyB said:

My draft availability is super open in the evenings. And almost any Sunday is pretty safe.

Sounds good. 

I'm currently eyeing the two Sundays that still appear to be open: June 9th and August 18th.

The benefit of drafting on June 8th is that (if) everyone is available to draft then we're far less likely to have a conflict arise between now and then. The same can't be said for August 18th, but I also realize that many may prefer a draft date closer to the start of the season. 

Edited by Cadmus

7 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

@squire12 You initially stated that were planning a 10 Day vacation in August. 

Any idea on the dates yet? 

Feel free to PM me or post here. 

Nothing is set as of yet.  The dates we are considering would be departing in the later part of August.  Either the 16th or the 23rd.  Will depend on flights and what other activities we have going on that would determine the exact dates.  And NO, fantasy football drafts would not take priority over vacation.

Edited by squire12

Just now, squire12 said:

Nothing is set as of yet.  The dates we are considering would be departing in the later part of August.  Either the 16th or the 23rd.  Will depend on flights and what other activities we have going on that would determine the exact dates.  And NO, fantasy football drafts would not take priority over vacation.

No one said it should? 

I'm trying to help you out here and avoid a conflict. 

Are you available June 8th, and do you have any other dates that you prefer from what's available? 

I'm just trying to collect as much information as I can from everyone. 

@Lieker

You were the only owner that had July 30th marked NO. Could you provide me with some more insight if possible? Feel free to PM me or post here. 

I incorrectly listed July 30th as a Monday, it's actually a Tuesday. 

How do you feel about July 29th (Monday), July 30th (Tuesday) or July 31st (Wednesday)?

Do any of those dates work for you (keep in mind, we'll plan for a 7PM CST start for the draft). 

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

No one said it should? 

I'm trying to help you out here and avoid a conflict. 

Are you available June 8th, and do you have any other dates that you prefer from what's available? 

I'm just trying to collect as much information as I can from everyone. 

June 8th is graduation party for relative.  Likely would not be back home until early evening.

Monday and Wednesday are late work days for me.  Generally not done with work/dinner dog duties until around 800 or later.  Tuesday and Thursdays are car pool to and from either swim, gymnastics.    Whether my daughter has other activities that would alter the schedule is something I do not know in advance more than 2 ish weeks.  

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

June 8th is graduation party for relative.  Likely would not be back home until early evening.

Monday and Wednesday are late work days for me.  Generally not done with work/dinner dog duties until around 800 or later.  Tuesday and Thursdays are car pool to and from either swim, gymnastics.    Whether my daughter has other activities that would alter the schedule is something I do not know in advance more than 2 ish weeks.  

I'm sorry @squire12, I messed up the date by a single day... I meant Sunday, June 9th. Not the 8th (which is a Saturday, I'm going to make sure to triple check all the dates from now on before I hit submit)

I'm not sure if you were looking at the correct date or not, (the Sunday, June 9th), but if you were --> My interpretation was that a 7PM start date for the draft on June 9th would likely work for you, is that correct? (I don't know what you define as early evening, but I'd personally interpret that as 6PMish, give or take an hour or so--that's why I'm asking) [I guess, just straight up tell me what start time (if any) would work on on June 9th for you]

If you have to pick a weekday, it seems like Tuesday or Thursday would be preferable to Monday or Wednesday, correct?--- again I'm just looking for confirmation/more information here. 

Do you have a preference with regard June, July or August (i.e. does one of them work better for the extracurricular schedule?). For example, maybe you have some idea with regard to your schedule for the week of June 9th-13th already (or maybe not). 

Edited by Cadmus

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

I'm sorry @squire12, I messed up the date by a single day... I meant Sunday, June 9th. Not the 8th (which is a Saturday, I'm going to make sure to triple check all the dates from now on before I hit submit)

I'm not sure if you were looking at the correct date or not, (the Sunday, June 9th), but if you were --> My interpretation was that a 7PM start date for the draft on June 9th would likely work for you, is that correct? (I don't know what you define as early evening, but I'd personally interpret that as 6PMish, give or take an hour or so--that's why I'm asking) [I guess, just straight up tell me what start time (if any) would work on on June 9th for you]

If you have to pick a weekday, it seems like Tuesday or Thursday would be preferable to Monday or Wednesday, correct?--- again I'm just looking for confirmation/more information here. 

Do you have a preference with regard June, July or August (i.e. does one of them work better for the extracurricular schedule?). For example, maybe you have some idea with regard to your schedule for the week of June 9th-13th already (or maybe not). 

I can probably make June 9th work.  Seems really early to do the rookie/veteran draft, but whatever.  Worst case is that if something comes up, I just use a bigboard on fleaflicker or whatever site we are using.

Tuesday or THursday I am carpooling to/from swim or gymnastics.  I am gone for 30-45+ minutes depending on how many other kids I need to drive home after.  I would be unavailable during that time.  Gymnastics ends at 900, Swim practice ends either 800 or 830 depending on what location the practice is at.  

Later in the summer would be preferred as it would be closer to the start of the NFL season vs early june.  

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I can probably make June 9th work.  Seems really early to do the rookie/veteran draft, but whatever.  Worst case is that if something comes up, I just use a bigboard on fleaflicker or whatever site we are using.

Tuesday or THursday I am carpooling to/from swim or gymnastics.  I am gone for 30-45+ minutes depending on how many other kids I need to drive home after.  I would be unavailable during that time.  Gymnastics ends at 900, Swim practice ends either 800 or 830 depending on what location the practice is at.  

Later in the summer would be preferred as it would be closer to the start of the NFL season vs early june.  

Okay thanks for the information.