2019 Packers Forum League- PHASE 5 [DRAFT DAY] (GO TO PAGE 8)

Cadmus

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

To be fair, I voted against increasing keepers, and wouldn't be opposed to it lowering to 8. However, with this being a dynasty, I'd rather keep it at 10. 

As far as I can tell, there's only one person who voted to increase keepers.

I view 8 as the absolute floor in this type of league, but now it appears we may increase the functional starters (sorry kickers) from 10 to 11 for the upcoming season and I'm against two votes that could simultaneously increase the functional starters and reduce the keepers. That's too much change, too quickly in my opinion. 

As crappy as my team is and as hard as it's gonna be to right the ship, I do have to remind myself that this is a DYNASTY league in spirit. We shouldn't go less than 10 keepers, and maybe should increase. I'm fine with 10 though.

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

As crappy as my team is and as hard as it's gonna be to right the ship, I do have to remind myself that this is a DYNASTY league in spirit. We shouldn't go less than 10 keepers, and maybe should increase. I'm fine with 10 though.

Well, you've got 1.01 and 2.01 so that should give you a good RB to pair with Chubb and then probably a WR/TE. 

I think if you trade a few of your QBs for WRs/TEs/RBs and then focus primarily on drafting rookies/younger players that haven't broken out yet you have a good chance to be really competitive by next year. @Dwade1001 took DaeSean Hamilton last year at 3.06 knowing damn well he wouldn't get anything from him until 2020 at the earliest. Now that looks like a REALLY good selection.  

Also, I'd take a look at what others have on the back-end of their rosters. There's usually a few owners that have more than 10 players worth keeping. 

Edited by Cadmus

SAMPLE BALLOT

1) Immediately transition to FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) for waivers: YES or NO

2) Immediately transition to a Live Draft format for 2019 Rookie/Unclaimed Vet Draft: YES or NO

3) Migrate league hosting site from FleaFlicker to Sleeper (if other preference please indicate) before the start of the 2019 NFL Season: YES or NO

4a) Remove the Kicker Position for 2019: YES or NO

4b) If you chose to remove the Kicker Position: 

Option X: Remove the K position, and drop from 11 weekly starters to 10 weekly starters (rosters of 20 will be maintained) YES or NO

Option Y: Remove the K position, and replace with a fourth FLEX (RB/WR/TE) that will be replaced by a WR3 after the 2020 season YES or NO

5) Increase the number of keepers from 10 to 11 for the 2020 NFL Season (a NO vote will indicate you prefer to remain at 10 keepers): YES or NO

6a) Potential Live Draft Dates (Please Indicate YES or NO for each date) 

June 16th (Sunday) YES

June 26th (Wednesday) YES

July 21st (Sunday) YES

July 30th (Monday) YES

August 13th (Tuesday) NO

August 18th (Sunday) YES

6b) Please list any known date conflicts: 

Known Conflicts: Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 5pm, June 11 to July 30

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Does anybody have a huge issue with -- if removing K position -- just switching it over to a wr slot NOW, rather than in like seven years??

Same with the keepers, I'm concerned about too much change too quickly. 

I picked 2021 because 2019 and 2020 picks have already been traded.

There haven't been any 2021 picks traded. The 2021 season gives every owner enough time to adjust their rosters to accommodate a WR3 (more specifically another "functional" starter in a situation where we aren't increasing keeper OR overall roster numbers). A move in 2021 would allow each owner 2 years and 3 draft classes to accumulate players and modify rosters. Currently we've got rosters that are WR heavy, RB heavy, TE heavy, and even a roster that's QB heavy. I'm simply trying to give every owner sufficient time to adjust. 

If we want to vote on 2020 vs. 2021 I'm definitely open to that, but just like with keepers situation... WR3 won't happen until 2020 at the earliest.

I have to be consistent here with how the league evolves. A change like that shouldn't occur until at least 2020, and I outlined why I think it might be in the best interest of the league to wait until 2021. 

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

Same with the keepers, I'm concerned about too much change too quickly. 

I picked 2021 because 2019 and 2020 picks have already been traded.

There haven't been any 2021 picks traded. The 2021 season gives every owner enough time to adjust their rosters to accommodate a WR3 (more specifically another "functional" starter in a situation where we aren't increasing keeper OR overall roster numbers). A move in 2021 would allow each owner 2 years and 3 draft classes to accumulate players and modify rosters. Currently we've got rosters that are WR heavy, RB heavy, TE heavy, and even a roster that's QB heavy. I'm simply trying to give every owner sufficient time to adjust. 

If we want to vote on 2020 vs. 2021 I'm definitely open to that, but just like with keepers situation... WR3 won't happen until 2020 at the earliest.

I have to be consistent here with how the league evolves. A change like that shouldn't occur until at least 2020, and I outlined why I think it might be in the best interest of the league to wait until 2021. 

I get that in theory. I'm just saying, IN PRACTICE, does any owner really concerned about their roster if that change was made now? I mean how different would they ACTUALLY be? You already needs tons of RBs and tons of WRs to fill all of the spots as it is.

Immediately transition to FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) for waivers: YES 

2) Immediately transition to a Live Draft format for 2019 Rookie/Unclaimed Vet Draft: or NO

3) Migrate league hosting site from FleaFlicker to Sleeper (if other preference please indicate) before the start of the 2019 NFL Season: Abstain

4a) Remove the Kicker Position for 2019: NO

Option X: Remove the K position, and drop from 11 weekly starters to 10 weekly starters (rosters of 20 will be maintained) YES or NO

Option Y: Remove the K position, and replace with a fourth FLEX (RB/WR/TE) that will be replaced by a WR3 after the 2020 season YES or NO

5) Increase the number of keepers from 10 to 11 for the 2020 NFL Season (a NO vote will indicate you prefer to remain at 10 keepers): NO

June 16th (Sunday) YES 

June 26th (Wednesday) YES 

July 21st (Sunday) YES 

July 30th (Monday) YES 

August 13th (Tuesday) YES 

August 18th (Sunday) YES 

Known Conflicts: none

1) Immediately transition to FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) for waivers: YES or NO

2) Immediately transition to a Live Draft format for 2019 Rookie/Unclaimed Vet Draft: YES or NO

3) Migrate league hosting site from FleaFlicker to Sleeper (if other preference please indicate) before the start of the 2019 NFL Season: YES or NO

5) Increase the number of keepers from 10 to 11 for the 2020 NFL Season (a NO vote will indicate you prefer to remain at 10 keepers): YES or NO

June 16th (Sunday) YES or NO

June 26th (Wednesday) YES or NO

July 21st (Sunday) YES or NO

July 30th (Monday) YES or NO

August 13th (Tuesday) YES or NO 

August 18th (Sunday) YES or NO

Known Conflicts: 

3) Migrate league hosting site from FleaFlicker to Sleeper (if other preference please indicate) before the start of the 2019 NFL Season: YES or NO (First time using FleaFlicker and not impressed but it could be worse.

Option Y: Remove the K position, and replace with a fourth FLEX (RB/WR/TE) that will be replaced by a WR3 after the 2020 season YES or NO

Known Conflicts: July 8th-14th 

DWADE BALLOT

Known Conflicts: 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, DannyB said:

I get that in theory. I'm just saying, IN PRACTICE, does any owner really concerned about their roster if that change was made now? I mean how different would they ACTUALLY be? You already needs tons of RBs and tons of WRs to fill all of the spots as it is.

We'll put this on next years ballot.

If everyone is comfortable with how FLEX-4 works this season and then wants to move forward we can vote on WR-3 in 2020 instead of 2021.