Sign in to follow this  
DutchFalcon

Ty Sambrailo aquired from the Broncos for a 2018 5th round pick

Thoughts about this trade?

Reminds me a bit of the Levitre trade in the sense that both weren't scheme fits anymore at their old teams. Big difference is that Levitre atleast played well at some point in his career for his old team.

The good: Ty's last name reminds me of Sombrero's so that's cool and he doesn't need no pro-bowls cause this dude has a SB ring. 

The bad: Our 5th round picks have been pretty ballin' the last 3 years. Allen and Jarret have been solid/great hits in the 5th rounds while Spruill and Forfeited for pumping crown noise haven't turned out well. Lets hope Sombrero is at least able to achieve more then the latter.

On 9/1/2017 at 1:30 PM, DutchFalcon said:

Thoughts about this trade?

Based on what I've seen from Broncos' posters, he isn't very good.  I guess if this is about depth it's not an awful bet, but not someone I'd give up a pick for.

Liked Ty in the draft and, as long as Atl keeps the same Scammy O and blocking scheme I think he'll be a good fit.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Based on what I've seen from Broncos' posters, he isn't very good.  I guess if this is about depth it's not an awful bet, but not someone I'd give up a pick for.

The FO and DQ should get the benefit of the doubt so far. Most trades they have made have been pretty good. Plus we don't know if and which other teams might have been interested and what they were bidding. I agree a 5th sounds like a lot. We'll see though. With some luck he'll never have to see the field. 

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's a solid athlete. Good technique. Was injured for a good minute in Denver. Atlanta needed a swing tackle and he's a great fit there and already knows the outside zone scheme playing under Kubiak.